2. Trial

"Keishin, you can't keep me locked in here forever," Azami complained to her brother as he stacked the shelves at the Sakanoshita store.

"I'm not," he replied. "You go to school. I can't help it if you don't have any friends."

"I have friends!" she complained, throwing a copy of that week's jump at him.

"Ow," he muttered.

"No offence to Mom, Dad, Grandma, or Grandpa," she said. "But I don't want to work at this hell hole for the rest of my life!"

"Be grateful," he said, tossing the magazine back. "You're getting paid for this ya know."

"Yeah I know," she said. "But I have to sit here and work this place while you get to go up to my high school and coach the boys volleyball team. My sport!"

"First of all, I started playing volleyball before you," he finished stacking the shelves. "Secondly, if you wanted to contribute you should've just asked. You could be a manager-"

"Or assisstant coach?" she asked, innocently, "You're obviously too old to do anything active so I could do it for you."

"I'm not too old, I'm only twenty six, jeez," he walked behind the counter. "Now get out of my seat."

Azami sighed, then looked up at him, "I will if you give me my headband back."

"Fine," he took the black headband out of his hair, letting his blonde hair fall into his face. He handed it to her and she took it, getting out of his seat.

"So when is your next practice?" she asked, twisting the headband through her fingers.

"Tomorrow," he said. "Depending on how well you do with the rest of the players, I might consider making you assisstant coach."

"Really?" she asked, her eyes sparkling.

"I said I might consider," he repeated. "That doesn't mean yes."

"It's still good enough for me!" she exclaimed.

-timeskip-

"Dai-kun, Ko-kun!" Azami ran through the hallways towards her two friends, Koushi Sugawara and Daichi Sawamura.

"Who Azami-san, slow down," Suga said, holding his hands out to stop her. "What is it?"

"So, I may have convinced my brother to let me try out to become the assisstant coach!" she said.

"Really?" Daichi asked. "How'd you do that?"

"I'm a very persuasive person, Dai-kun," she winked. "Wait aren't you two on the volleyball team?"

Suga nodded, "Yep, so is Asahi."

"Asa-kun!?!" she clapped multiple times, jumping up and down. "That makes me want to become assisstant coach even more!"

"I'm guessing that means you don't know that Kiyoko-san is a manager?" Daichi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" Azami asked. "She is!? That woman is a goddess, I must join the team!"

"Azami-san, calm down," Suga laughed. "People are staring at you."

"Let them stare! See if I care!" she smiled. "We should probably get to our classes though. College prep won't wait for us!"

-----

"I'm here!" Azami skipped into the gym, doing a cartwheel and landing right beside her brother. "Did you miss me Keishin?"

"You wish," he said, ruffling her hair. He motioned toward a man standing beside him with black hair and glasses. "This is the advisor, Ittetsu Takeda. Sensei, this is my little sister, Azami Ukai."