3. Roses are Red, I need love, what is my life?, Take me to church

"Welcome home!" her mother said as the two Ukai's walked into the house.

"Hi Mom," Azami said, setting her bag down. "How Ojii-san?"

"Oh he's fine," she replied. "Or at least that's what he says. Of course, he's complaining all the time. He should be released sometime soon though."

"That's good," her brother said. "What's for dinner?"

"We're having soba tonight," her mother replied. Azami nodded and sat down before remembering.

"Bratushka, tell me if I can be assisstant or not!" Azami told her brother.

"Not till we eat Shorstack," he replied.

"I don't like it when you call me that," she grumbled.

"Well, it's true," he said, sitting down in front of her. "You got the short genes."

"Yeah, will this short person's gonna beat you as-"

"Azami!" her mother warned. 

"Sorry," she muttered, sticking her tongue out at her brother who was smiling smugly. "Hey is Dad here yet?"

"No dear," her mother said. "He'll be back soon though."

"Huh, I wonder why he needed to rush out to the shop so quickly," Azami wondered.

"It was probably to get away from you," her brother said. Azami stuck her tongue out once more at her brother. He gave her a small smile.

"Hey, Mom can Azami and I go to town for bit?" Keishin asked. "Just to walk around and stuff."

"But, what about dinner?" their mother asked. 

Keishin smiled, "We'll be back by eleven. Dad probably won't be back until the anyway."

Their mother thought for a minute, her lips brought into a frown. "Fine. But eleven is the latest. Promise?"

"Promise," the two Ukai's said, standing up from the couch and heading outside. They walked into town past the shop. "So was there anything you specifically wanted to talk to me about?" Azami asked as the two sat down on the sidewalk.

"Not really," her brother said, pulling a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it. "We just, don't spend time with each other like we used to."

"Oh, I'm sorry, when did we ever spend time with each other?" Azami laughed. He chuckled, ruffling her hair. "Uh, don't do that, it ruins my beautiful luscious locks."

He chuckled again, "Listen. I just wanted to tell you something alright?"

"What is it?" she asked. 

"Just about the other night. You went to that party," he said. "Just don't ruin your life doing stupid stuff okay? Why do you think I didn't go to college?"

"Cause Mom and Dad couldn't pay for it," she guessed.

"No, it's because I got in trouble with some really bad kids," he said. "And I was put in jail for a few weeks."

"Oh yeah, that," she said, quietly. She remebered. It was the worst couple of weeks of her entire life.

"I just don't want you to make the bad decisions I made ok Shortstack?" he asked.

"You got it Bratushka," she replied, winking at him. They sat on the curb for a while, cracking jokes and commenting about the quality of the stores surrounding them. Sibling bonding.

-----

"Keishin, shut up," Azami glared at her brother from across the table, holding her fork so tightly it almost bent. Keishin was currently describing the many times Azami had almost cursed.