Chapter 8: Aunt Nat??

A/N: So right now I have roughly 15 chapters planned out, I just need to write them. Things will be different than the movies, but understand, some things HAVE to stay the same. Some people will die, some people will dust, please understand I have a plan.

------------------------------

POV: Nat

It had been nearly three full days since Y/N's surgery. She had a huge gash across her lower chest and upper abdomen that had been bleeding for who knows how long. When she started to black out on the battlefield, I feared that she would be lost just due to blood loss alone. Several infusions and a surgery to fix the damage later, and she was just unconscious. It would be up to her if she would wake up again. The medics in Wakanda had patched her up as best as they could and now we were back at the compound in New York.

I lost myself to memories for a while before I heard Friday's voice calling for me.

"Ms. Romanoff?"

"Yes, Friday?" I answered, sighing softly.

"You have a phone call from the Barton Residence."

My heart dropped. I hadn't even thought about my best friend and his family. "Answer it please."

I waited to hear who's voice it would be, as the call was answered.

"Aunt Nat??" My heart stuttered for a moment, as my niece's voice was the only one I heard.

"Lila? What's wrong?" I asked already knowing that someone was most likely gone.

"They are all gone. I was out with dad practicing with my bow. He was in the middle of saying something and he just stopped. I turned around and he was gone. Nathaniel is gone, Cooper's gone. Dad's gone. Even mom is gone. I looked everywhere. What's going on?"

"Take a breath, Little Archer." I tried to calm her down. "I'm on my way. Pack a bag, you are gonna come stay with me for a while."

"Ok." Her voice was shaking and I could sense the fear. "I'm scared."

"It's gonna be ok, I'll be there soon."

She hung up the phone after saying goodbye and I sighed. "Friday, I have to go get her. If Y/N wakes up while I am gone, contact the quinjet immediately."

I pressed a kiss to Y/N's forehead and stood. "I swear, you need to wake up, My love. I need you."

The flight from the compound to the Barton house was silent, given I was the only one on the jet. Just before I landed, Friday spoke up.

"Ms. Romanoff, you have a message from an unlisted number. Do you want to hear it?" Friday asked.

"Unlisted?" I asked myself, trying to think of anyone who would call me on an unlisted number. "What's the message?"

"Meet Me in Budapest, sister." Friday relayed and I froze.

"Yelena." I muttered. "Can you send a message back, Friday?"

"I can attempt to do so, yes. What is the message"

"Noon, in the hiding place. I will not be alone." I kept my voice as level as I could. If Yelena survived this, there was a chance that we could become closer than we once were.

"I will attempt to send this and let you know if a response arrives."

I landed the jet and lowered the ramp. As soon as I stepped off the ramp, I was nearly tackled by my niece.

"Aunt Nat... everyone's gone. I don't know what happened."

"Take a deep breath, Little Archer. I know what happened, I am just shocked that you are here." I admitted. "Did you pack?"