I - Chapter Six

Dream gave a yelp as a man jumped out from behind a tree, pinning him to the ground, knocking the wind out of him. "Ow! Bad, please."

"Sorry," the man who had attacked him, Bad, apologized. "You three were just walking and, well... I couldn't help myself."

He offered Dream a hand, which he accepted gratefully. As he brushed himself off, George asked, "So, Bad, where have you been? I haven't seen you around lately."

Bad tugged at his checkered bandana and chuckled uncomfortably. "Well, remember Skeppy? Yeah... he needed my help, and of course, I said yes. He's kept me busy for the entire week. I've had next to no downtime."

Dream took the in amount of grime covering Bad's usually pristine outfit. The red lines on his black jacket were nearly hidden beneath a layer of dirt, and his boots were caked in mud. "You could use a wash," he noted.

Bad blushed. "Dream! I know that, okay?"

"Hey, I just thought that you needed a reminder."

Along with George and Sapnap, Bad was one of Dream's closest friends. They had known each other for a really long time, and Dream would trust him with his life. Even if Bad had been in multiple harsh battles against him.

The man brushed his brown hair out of his face and smiled. "So, what have you guys been up to?"

Sapnap held up his bucket proudly, showing Bad the fish inside. "Dream and George caught a fish, Beckerson, and so now I have Mars," he explained.

"Ooh, that's nice," Bad said. "Where are you gonna keep it?"

"At the Community House," George said. "We've set up a roof aquarium! It looks fantastic."

Bad clapped his hands together. "It sounds fantastic, too! I wish I could stay around to see it."

Dream frowned. "Wait, what do you mean? Are you leaving again? You just got here."

"I've still got some things to do with Skeppy," Bad said apolgetically. "Apparently, there's a lot that he needs help with."

"Are you sure that it's not him just wanting to spend more time with you?" Sapnap asked cheekily.

Bad swatted him on the arm. Water sloshed out of Mars's bucket as Sapnap pranced away from him, laughing. Dream smiled to himself as George rushed forward to stop Sapnap from accidentally spilling all of the water as Bad broke off a tree branch, using it as a sword to poke at them. They acted like children. Heck, he acted like a child when he was with them.

"I saw Callahan earlier," Bad said when they had finally all calmed down. "Did you see his reindeer onesie and his blue eye mask? It looks adorable."

They stepped onto the wooden path, finally reaching the main land. Dream glanced around as his friends chatted. He could see people in the forest, which was slowly being completely and absolutely demolished by them. After so much practice with trying to make out vague figures in the distance, he could tell immediately who they were.

Of course people were cutting down trees. Naturally, at this stage, it would be best to gather supplies as quickly as possible. Which meant that he wouldn't have to worry about them for a while.

"Oh, look, a UFO," Sapnap said casually.

Dream blinked and looked at him. "What?"

Sapnap gestured at the humongous disc-shaped metal thing crashed into the ground, completely messing up the terrain. Dream scowled. "You've got to be kidding me."