I - Chapter Twenty-Seven

This isn't possible.

I'm alive, I'm perfectly fine, I'm healthy and okay and fine.

It's just a scar. One I've never seen before, don't remember getting, but still just a scar.

"Tommy, I know it doesn't feel real," Wilbur said gently. "I can barely believe that I died either. But I saw Dream's arrow pierce through you. I saw Sapnap let Tubbo's limp body drop down to the ground...."

He clenched his hands and looked away. Tommy bit his lip, a sigh escaping him. "Will... look, it's fine, right? We're all alive by some brilliant miracle. I'm okay, Tubbo is okay, you're okay, and Fundy is probably okay as well. You haven't lost any of us."

"I know," the man mumbled. "But there's blood in my vision and I can't get it out."

Tommy reached out a hand towards Tubbo, who accepted it in an instant, holding it tightly. "Did you see the... other Dream?" he asked.

Tubbo nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah... those two halo things? Did you see his bow? It looks so cool."

"And deadly," Wilbur added moodily.

"I saw a sheath of arrows as well," Tubbo said. "Spectral, golden arrows. He really does seem like a god, doesn't he? Not to mention the fact that apparently, that side of Dream is the one who revived us."

"How does that even work?" Tommy demanded. "You can't bring someone back from the dead. It doesn't make sense."

"Magic doesn't make sense," Tubbo pointed out. "And yet it works. It's just --- magic. Personally, I'm glad to be alive."

Tommy scratched his head. He hated being the rational one in the room, but Tubbo looked ecstatic at the discovery and Wilbur looked like he just wanted to punch someone really hard --- probably Dream.

"Look," he sighed. "So maybe we did die and become revived. That's cool. But we can't constantly be dying and being revived, right? That takes out the entire purpose of life."

"I like it," Wilbur mumbled.

"Well, I don't," Tommy snapped crossly. "Especially if it's Dream that gets the powers of revival."

Tubbo frowned. He glanced out the window at the expanse that was L'Manberg, then looked back at Tommy. "Well... it's not Dream, is it, though. It's DreamXD."

Tommy stared at Tubbo, as did Wilbur. Tubbo gave a nervous laugh and hurriedly rushed to explain. "His double helix halos, right? And the bow? An X? A D? Am I the only one who sees it?"

"No, I see it too," Wilbur said slowly. "And since it's better than calling him the 'other Dream' all the time, it makes sense to give him a new name."

"I hate him," Tommy muttered.

"You hate Dream no matter what form he's in," Tubbo pointed out.

"That's besides the point."

"Is it?"

Wilbur placed his arm between the two, cutting off their argument, but he was smiling that annoying little smile of his. "Alright, enough of this. We're all still alive, and that's good enough for me. Don't die again. Got it?"

Tubbo grinned. "Got it!"

The man turned his attention to Tommy and raised an eyebrow. Tommy grumbled under his breath, then nodded. "Fine. But only because I haven't kicked Dream's ass yet."

***

For some reason, the world seemed more beautiful to Tommy than ever before.