I - Chapter Seventeen

Dream strolled down the path, trying not to step on the blobs running around underneath him. He had let them all free into the SMP, to do whatever they pleased without him watching over their movements. At the back of his mind, he could feel a connection to every single blob, but if he didn't concentrate then it wasn't all that noticeable.

Still, it felt nice to see them all happy.

He followed the path down a new road, towards Will's van. There was something sketchy about the van, though Dream couldn't put his finger on it. Either way, he needed to check it out.

Dream stopped beside the cliff, leaning against its rocky face, in the same position he had been at the day before.

Wilbur was standing next to the caravan, fiddling around with some bottles in his hand. Tommy was standing next to him, scowling but trying not to laugh at the same time. Suspicious.

Am I going to check it out?

Yes, yes I am.

Dream slung the sheath of his sword over his shoulder and headed down the path, taking the stairs down. The two looked up as he approached. Tommy's eyes narrowed dangerously, but Dream didn't care. What could Tommy do to him? Nothing, and he knew it.

I have the discs. I have the leverage, and that's all that matters.

"Hello," he said casually. "What are you guys up to?"

Wilbur grinned broadly. "Dream! We're selling drugs, actually. Would you like some?"

"Drugs?" Dream frowned. "No, of course not! Drugs are things for the city guys. What are you doing with drugs?"

"We're selling them," Wilbur repeated, his smile dipping down. "Right?"

He looked over at Tommy, as if waiting for confirmation from the sixteen-year-old. Tommy simply shrugged.

"You're not selling drugs," Dream said firmly. "Not on my land, at least. Go do it in the city or something."

Wilbur's smile completely melted away. "B-but they don't like my drugs over there!"

"And I don't like them over here. Toss them away. Or better yet, give them to me."

The man shoved the bottles into his pockets and scowled. "Isn't this place supposed to be a free land? I have drugs, and I want to sell them, but you won't let me. That doesn't define as 'free,' Dream."

"My land, my rules," Dream said, narrowing his eyes.

"Well, I hate your rules," Wilbur spat. "This is stupid."

"I'm not gonna let you sell drugs, Wilbur!"

"It's a drug van!" Wilbur shouted back. "What else am I supposed to do with it?"

"There is a hot dog on top! Go make hot dogs! Sell those!"

Wilbur hissed at him and stormed off, disappearing into the forest. Tommy looked at Dream, then at the forest, and ran after him.

Dream sighed. He didn't understand why Wilbur was so angry, but there was nothing he could do about it. Tommy still didn't like Dream, so the boy would probably follow Wilbur no matter what. Even if that meant siding with a man trying to sell drugs.

He glanced over at the sign pinned to the ground and choked. Three dimonds for one bottle? Not only was he selling drugs, but he was selling severely over-priced drugs, too.

"I made the right choice, right, guys?" Dream mumbled, looking down at the blobs crowding around his feet. They hopped around his shoes and looked up at him, their smiles unwavering. "Hm... okay. I'm sorry that I made you guys mute. I'll ask around to see if there's anything I can do about it later. For now, we're going to go visit Fundy."