I - Chapter Twenty

Tommy adjusted the hat on his head and struck a pose, grinning ridiculously at Tubbo and Wilbur. "See? I look majestic, don't I?"

"Of course," Wilbur assured him. "Then again, my sewing skills played a part, too."

"Incredible!" Tubbo agreed, clapping his hands together happily. "This is amazing, Wilbur. Can I get one too?"

"If you join the cause," Wilbur said with a wink.

The wink was all it took to secure Tommy's faith in Wilbur. Who would wink if they weren't completely one hundred perfect sure of themself?

"So it's basically just rebellion against Dream, right?" Tommy asked, glancing up towards the Community House from where they stood beside the caravan. The sun was setting so he couldn't see that well, but he had no doubt that Dream was watching them.

The thought freaked him out.

"Dream is being a dictator," Wilbur said, his expression cloudy. "He doesn't deserve the control."

"And who does?" Tommy asked, folding his arms. "You?"

Wilbur rubbed his chin thoughtfully. He gazed out at the Community House as well, no doubt also thinking about Dream. "Yes, me. I'd make a great leader."

"Well, I'll follow you, Wilbur," Tubbo interjected.

"Thanks, Tubbo."

Tommy frowned at the two of them, then turned his thoughts inward. Would he follow Wilbur? The man was a decent person, with good morals and everything, so it would make sense for the man to be leader. Even if it had all started because Wilbur had wanted to sell drugs, he did bring up a good point. Dream wasn't being a just ruler. Something had to change.

"We could start up our own SMP," Wilbur said. "Go independent. No more Dream bossing us around, which would give us room to become our own little country. Doesn't that sound amazing?"

I have to admit though, it does.

Dream has already proved that he can't be trusted. If he's the one ruling the land I now live on, that doesn't make me any less uncomfortable than staring directly into the eyes of a Ravenger.

"Our very own land," Tubbo said, a dreamy look appearing in his eyes. "That sounds beautiful."

Tommy swatted him on his arm, making him jump. "Snap out of it, Tubbo. Think about what this implies."

"The fact that I get a cool-looking outfit?"

"No. The fact that Dream would be singling us out as his enemy."

Tubbo hesitated, taking in the full scale of his words. Then he shrugged. "So what? We're already his enemies. This way, not only will we have backup, but we could make people who could've possibly joined his side become our friends before that can happen."

Tommy stared at the boy, who stared right back. They were around the same age, maybe Tubbo was a few months older, but they were still around the same time of birth. And yet somehow this childish, bee-loving, friendly young boy was scheming on the level of professionals.

In a way, he almost felt bad for Dream.

"So you two are willing to join?" Wilbur asked.

Tubbo placed his hands on his hips and nodded. "Only if I get a suit as well. And a hat."

"Done. Tommy?"

Tommy glanced over at the bandages on Tubbo's arm, then looked back at Wilbur. "I'm in."