𝐨𝐧𝐞

THE HAUNTING SMELL OF DEATH, [name] had always hated smell of hospitals, she just hated hospitals in general

THE HAUNTING SMELL OF DEATH, [name] had always hated smell of hospitals, she just hated hospitals in general. they were constantly the messenger of bad news, and she too was anticipating her own news which she could only hope would be good.

a single shred of hope was all her mother had left, she on the other hand had a lot more and was expectantly awaiting good news, however the nurse's dreadful words struck deep into her hopeful heart.

"he's in the terminal stage now."

she could feel her already large hatred for hospitals increase, her head filled with thoughts almost instantly, and her mind drifted off to another world, thoughts running wild as her body was left in a dazed state, only pulled out of it when she heard mother ask how long he had left to which the nurse responded 3 months.

it was becoming a pain to keep a neutral expression on her face, but she could not falter. after-all, she was the only one who had kept her sorrow tucked in all this time. letting her sorrow show would only further settle the reality of the situation upon her family as well as her self.

though at some point she began doubting if it would even affect her family at all, it seemed they had already given up. and her neutral, hopeful and seemingly unbothered expression which once provided them with relief now only served to make them pity her.

it was fine though, she was fine. and her father most definitely would be fine too. a miracle could happen, a miracle would happen. she kept repeating those words in her head, hoping that a nurse would come running out any second now yelling 'his cancer cells suddenly started decreasing! we're expecting him to fine by next month!'

but deep down she knew these were only false hopes, hopes she shouldn't let herself indulge in, but still, who would blame her? it's not every day you find out your father is slowly dying.

she and her father were avid believers in the undead and everything else supernatural. her mother and brother on the other hand were not fans of it. though her brother often joined them in their silly adventures during their childhood, he soon grew out of it, resorting to instead sharing condescending looks with his mother when ever she would fan and gush about zombies and vampires.