𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

chapter is neither edited nor proofread, apologies in advance for any errors

the pair spent a few hours looking above their heads. viewing a scene so immensely beautiful that it felt like a waste to be gazed upon by mortal eyes. inappreciative, everso-desiring mortal eyes. one could argue that the dark-haired male was more immortal than he was mortal, so he must be deserving to lay his sights on such otherworldly beauty, but he knew as did the stars above, that immortal he may be, he still held onto his mortal desires. 

the stars could tell from how often his gaze would flitter to the girl beside him. the hesitation in his hands as he reached out, only to draw his hands back, all within a few seconds. 

it was so immensely frustrating to watch.

especially when the stars could see the girl bite her lip, deep in thought. could see the glimmer in her eyes shine and die repeatedly, as she thought of what could and couldn't be. 

as they exchanged more and more words atop the hill, getting to know each other better, their likes, dislikes, and peeves, among other surface-level information. 

but they truly wanted to know about each other's innermost thoughts and feelings.

so [name] decided to test the waters, if she was to even consider pursuing anything romantic with this vampire, she had to know more about him. 

she asked about his past, and how he turned into what he is. he told her how the entire thing went down, and as his voice started to quiver and she could hear him take longer and more frequent breaks between his words, she hesitantly reached out, engulfing him in a hug. (it's been a while so if you can't remember his backstory i don't blame you but it's chapter nine)

a hug so tight, so comforting, so foreign to the raven-haired male. he could relish in this moment forever, he thought, figuratively and literally. 

if he turned her into a vampire like she wanted, would it be selfish of him? it would be a win-win, her dad's life saved, and he would be free from the loneliness that threatened to drive him insane. 

with soft strokes on his hair, she soothed him, and once she felt he was done quivering she continued,

"what were you gonna do if you hadn't.. you know?"

"i wanted to do something with animals, not a vet 'cause my friends all said i was too dumb to ever go to school for that long." a bitter laugh resonated from him.

"i was gonna open a pet store with my best friend, chifuyu. it would've been mainly cat based though, we were very biased."

 "i don't think you'd have made a lot of money that way." [name] chuckled. 

"well our buddy, kokonoi majored in business so he'd have made it work." 

a comfortable silence fell upon them, neither one of them too eager to fill it, or to move away from the hug. until a chilling breeze went by causing [name] to shiver, and baji to regain his senses. 

"shit, it's really late, we should be heading back now."

in a few minutes they had cleaned up and loaded everything back in the car before heading back home. 

the car ride back was silent, except for the low music that played through the speakers, allowing them both to have some time to their thoughts. one considering their options and the other coming to a firm decision. 

baji had decided that by tomorrow, if she still wanted, he would grant her wish and turn her into a vampire. 

hi pookieshnooks it's been a while i knowww

hi pookieshnooks it's been a while i knowww. hoping to get this finished soon and then im gonna start working on a few other books i've had in my drafts. i haven't written a fulll chapter ina while so sorry for how short it is, next chapter a lot of stuff goes down unless i decide to break it up into two but yeah!! thanks for reading!!