Chapter 16: I love you

*Edited*

Grace did not leave her room for the days to pass after the event which had took place during the party. Her right cheek formed a large blue and purple bruise, her lip had scabbed over in a tiny slit as well as a bite mark on her collar bone from where he had broke her skin with his teeth. Bruising had also formed around her neck and wrists from where he had gripped her tightly.

" Grace?" John asked as he walked into her room gently, careful not to scare her. He looked to the bed where she lay still with her covers draped over her. John held a tray with a plate full food and a glass of water as he walked swiftly over to her bed. He took his placed sitting upon the edge of the bed and placed the tray on the covers next to her yet just in front of himself.

" Will you eat something? I am really worried that you are not eating enough." John spoke to her with a screwed up face of worry. Grace had not eaten anything since the night of the party which was three days past. Grace sat up weakly as John took the glass of water into his hand. He reached over and softly took her hand and placed it around the cold glass. He helped her move the glass too her dry broken lips and tipped the glass so the clear liquid could run into her mouth and down her throat.

" There." John whispered softly as he pulled the glass away and placed it against the tray again. He smiled happily knowing that she had at least drank a little water. Then he picked up the knife and fork, quickly slicing the egg into a small square, he picked it up on the fork and lifted it to Grace's mouth. She took the small slice of egg into her mouth from the fork before chewing it weakly. John smiled content that she was finally eating again, even if he was feeding her himself. He would rather that than her not eating at all.

" Nice?" John asked her as she nodded swallow in the egg. He moved the fork and feed her more, he kept going until the plate was empty of the two eggs. John moved the now empty tray over onto the floor as he shuffled closer to Grace. He lifted a hand and ran his fingers softly over her bruised cheek. Grace closed her eyes at his warm touch so gentle that there was only a tiny amount of pain as he stroked her wound.

" John. Do you love me?" Grace asked him from no where. Her voice raspy from not being used for a while. Her watery eyes looked up at him with both fear and hope mixed through them, she feared he would say the worst.

" Of course I do, with all my heart. Why do you think otherwise?" John asked her worried as to where she was going with this conversation. Grace sighed and dropped her eyes down as she played about with her fingers on her lap.

" Because I am tinted now. I have been marked and kissed by another man." Grace whimpered to him as she move her night gown's neck to show the bite mark on her collar bone. John shook his head and moved to place a soft kiss onto the mark and held his soft lips there for a few moments before pulling away.

" That was not your fault. I love you and there is nothing that could change that, ever." John whispered moving his head up and placing his forehead gently onto hers. His right hand caressed uninjured cheek softly, John closed his eyes and enjoyed her heat as they did not move.

" Kiss me." Grace told him.

" What?" John asked wondering with surprise as to why she asked him such a thing so suddenly. Even if he does want to, he thought that it was maybe to soon.

" I want you to take his touch away. I still feel his lips on my own every time I close my eyes, I can still feel his hands crawling over me and it scares me so much." Grace confessed to him as John placed his other hand onto the other side of her face. "I need you to take away everything he has done to me, take those memories away."

" I promise you, My Love. He will never go near you again, I will make sure of that." John told her as he moved and kissed her lips softly with as much love as he could possible pour into the kiss. Grace move her hands up and wrapped themselves around his neck and ruffled into his hair to pull him closer. Grace opened her lips too deepen it even more as his tongue slipped in and claimed her mouth once again; as his own. His warm tongue exploring her mouth again, leaving no placed untouched. Grace moaned in pleasure as their tongues danced together in the dance that has been going on for centuries past. Soon their dancing stopped and they pulled back gently leaving their forehead together.