Chapter 22: The Ceremony

*Edited*

Grace stood at the large wooden door waiting for them to open, she took deep breaths trying to steady her nerves as she could hear chattering from the other side. Her eyes fell shut as she continued to try and steady her speeding heart beat as her grip tightened around her bouquet of flowers while her hands shook softly from the nerves that ripped mercilessly through her.

"Please let every thing go smoothly this day." She whispered as she opened her eyes and looked to the cross that hung on the wall to her left through the thin veil that covered her face. Jesus was hung from it as she took one last breath before she heard the organ begin to play the wedding march, signaling her time to walk to her future. Grace watched as the doors opened to reveal the main hall of the church, the guests all standing waiting for her to enter. Grace Looked down to the ground for a moment before lifting her head proudly and stepped forward.

Her heel placed themselves one in front of the other as they carried Grace towards the alter that seemed to be so far away. The aisle seemed to stretch for miles long as her eyes searched the place for the one thing she wanted to see the most. They only set of eyes that would be able to calm down her hyperactive nerves. It did not take to long for them to find him and there he was.

Dressed in a black suit with a white shirt. A gold pin sat in the middle of his cravat with his hair pulled sleekly back, his hands placed gently behind his back as his smile widened at the sight of Grace. His eyes watched her every step as she walked closer to him. Grace stepped up the red steps and stopped in front of John; she handed over her bouquet to a maid and placed a hand into John's as they finished walked up the steps towards the priest. They stopped and looked to the priest as the music finished and silence fell.

" You may be seated." His old voice called; the priest was dress in black robes with a red sash over his shoulder with gold designs upon them, his grey hair line receded half way back. Grace held onto John's left hand as she stood up to his left waiting for the priest to begin the ceremony.

" Dearly beloved, we have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. The bond and covenant of marriage was established by God in creation, and our Lord Jesus Christ adorned this manner of life by His presence and first miracle at the wedding in Cana of Galilee. It signifies to us the mystery of the union between Christ and His Church, and Holy Scripture commends it to be honored among all people." The priest continued to chanted as Grace's mind wondered, this was the moment where her life will change. From now on she will be known as Mrs Grace Bellstone, the Lady of Bellstone town and mills.

"Into this union Grace Morgan and John Bellstone now come to be joined. If any of you can show just cause why they may not be lawfully wed, speak now, or else forever hold your peace." The priest called as the air grew silent. No one uttered a word as Grace closed her eyes wanting the priest to just continue on with his words.

"I charge you both, here in the presence of God and the witness of this company, that if either of you know any reason why you may not be married lawfully and in accordance with God's Word, do now confess it." He asked them as they stayed silent.

"Grace Morgan, will you have this man to be your husband; to live together with him in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful unto him as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked Grace as he looked to her with a smile.

"I will." Grace spoke out quietly just enough to be heard as John squeezed her hand lightly.

"John, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together with her in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful unto her as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked the exact same question to John who took in a deep breath and straightened his back.

"I will." John smiled happily to the priest, who nodded with a smile. The priest then looked to the crowd of people who sat watching them.

"Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?" He asked the congregation.

"We will." They all answered back together. Grace and John turn to face each other softly as the priest blessed the rings that sat upon a blue pillow. John takes Grace's golden band and took hold of her left hand.

" I give you this ring as a symbol of my love, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." John spoke as he slipped the right onto her ring finger, it fitted perfectly as Grace smiled wholeheartedly to him as she looked from the ring up to him through her veil. Grace took John's ring that and took his left hand into her smaller hands.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." She spoke quietly as she in turn slipped the ring onto his ring finger. The priest then continued to bless them as they stared at each other. It was like the whole world disappeared leaving only them looking into each other's eyes.

"Grace and John, having witnessed your vows of love to one another, it is my joy to present you to all gathered here as husband and wife." The priest smiled to the couple as they stared lovingly at each other.

"You may kiss the bride." He told John, who released Grace's hands to lifted her veil to reveal her face. John moved his hands to place themselves onto her cheek and pulled her face slowly to his; kissing her softly . The congregation quickly broke into an applause as they shared their first kiss as Mr and Mrs John Bellstone. Grace and John pulled away smiled with a massive smile; Grace let out a chuckled as they connected hands and turned to face to crowd of unfamiliar faces to Grace. The walked back down the aisle smiling to the people on either side congratulated them with happy smiles. They walked out the hall and into the smaller area between the church hall and outside. John leaned over and kissed the side of her head.

" You look absolutely beautiful, Mrs Bellstone." John spoke into her ear happily as Grace chuckled. The bells began to sing with joy as they doors opened to reveal that most of the town had gathered to wish them well. Everyone cheered happily as they stepped down from the church hand in hand towards their horse drawn carriage; ready to start this new chapter in their lives together.