Reunion...

"So Mattie darling how have things been since I passed?" Charlene asked softly. 

   "Peaceful for the most part. We found your killer... More like Rune did. He had me injured and Cypher and Vi under his control." Matthew chuckled.

   Vi looked down with a small frown. He didn't like thinking of that. 

   "Control?" James hummed walking beside his son. On the other side of Matthew was Charlene Max and Vi. 

   "He was an Enchanter," Matthew explained lightly pushing the door to the throne room open. 

   Well. This isn't going to end well. Charlie was standing to the side of the throne Carla clutching his side. 

   Viral shot a look at his grandfather as the group entered. James stopped promptly in his tracks staring across the room. "Why is he here?" 

   Matthew glanced across the room and frowned immediately. There was no avoiding this conversation. "Father-"

   "Why is he not in the dungeon?" James hissed out. 

   "Father." Matthew said more forcefully. "Shut up."

   James looked taken aback. "Matthew-"

   "No. I've been civil and I will continue to be civil but not when you treat my brother like that. He proved himself when he saved Rune's life. I don't want to head another word about putting him in jail." Matthew huffed with a sharp glare. "Am I clear?"

   James blinked and glanced around the room. No one jumped to his aid. They agreed with Matthew. "Of course. Crystal." 

   "Good. I'm sorry about that." Matthew sighed softly. 

   Viral looked around. Uncle Charlie was gone...