Central

The next time the three passed into a new multiverse they stopped. 

   "What is this..?" Charlie asked turning to the older two. 

   Matt and Mattie shared a look. "The Virus... That's his presence." Matthieu explained slowly. "So we weren't seeing things... James really has revived the Virus..."

   Charlie frowned. "But it didn't feel like this during the war against him."

   "He was weaker then. Now he has someone to attach to... This could be bad." Matthew sighed and opened a code panel. "The Center isn't here. But we should be getting close if we can feel his presence."

   The other two nodded and they began walking again. 

   The anti-void looked oddly foggy. No longer pure white there was a bluish haze and a staticky blur just in the corner of their vision. 

   Matthieu began to tense up. 

   "What's our plan for when we get there?"

   Matthew stopped and stared straight ahead. "We get into the Center. Matthieu distracts the Virus. You distract James. I go for the Cosmic Crown." 

   "The Cosmic Crown? You think you'll need that?" Matthieu asked quickly. 

   Matthew turned a bit. "If we're feeling the Virus all the way out here... Yes."

   Charlie was quiet. "He's that bad..?"

   Matthew sighed. "Let's keep going."

   Matthew had pulled in front. He stooped dead in his tracks a few feet ahead. 

   Matthieu and Charlie had to catch up but they too froze after they entered the next Multiverse. Waves of dark energy pulsed toward them. 

   Matthew waved his hand to open a code panel. "We're here."