Anti...

Matthew opened his eyes and shot upwards. That couldn't have happened. He imagined all of that. His anxiety was on the rise again, his therapist would want to hear about this dream. That's all it was! A dream!

   Why was Matthew outside..?

   He looked around carefully. This wasn't the Center. The Center always had a buzz of magic even if there wasn't that much magic going on. If he wasn't home... where was he..?

   Matthew looked down and swallowed. If he opened a panel and saw his fears were confirmed. Matthew didn't know what he would do. He had to check. He had to be sure it was a dream. Maybe the kids played a prank on him!

   Matthew opened a code panel carefully. He froze in place. 

   The universe he was in was an old one, one of his great great great grandparents made it. Outside of the universe were a few others dotting the void. And then... nothing. It was the anti-void. He was in a multiverse...

   Matthew fell to his knees and wailed. It was exile all over again! He was never getting back. His family was all gone! He clutched his hair letting the code panel fall closed. He was alone. All alone again!

   Matthew doesn't remember passing out. 

   When he wakes up its dark. As he sat up his head began to pound. He must have cried himself to sleep. He rubbed his puffy eyes and opened the code back.

   He counted 15 universes in this chunk. He had no idea how many chunks had broke off or how evenly they had broken. His family could be anywhere. He had no idea how to get out of here.

   There was the hard reset... but that would leave any scattered people in the same places. It would leave them vunerable if his father were to launch an attack. He couldn't put them in danger like that... Especially people like Cypher who couldn't look at the code on their own. 

   So Matthew was back to square one... He ran a hand through his hair and looked over the universes again. There had to be something... Wait. 

   The purple-clad man smiled. "Nice try old man." He opened a portal and stepped through into the other universe he noticed. 

   On instinct he came out near a familiar apartment building. He hurried into the building and up to the third floor. Room 307. He knocked furiously. 

   The door opened to reveal a pair of confused gazes. 

   "Matt dad?"

   "Matthew? Why are you here?"

   Matthew pulled both of the young skeletons into a hug. They were safe... They were familiar.

   "Whats wrong???" The girl asked clearly concerned. 

   The Watcher didn't know if he could talk without crying. "There was an incident-"

   Seven pulled away first. "An incident..?"

   Matthew swallowed and nodded. After the war with the Black King Crayola had gone home. She wanted to be there in case anything happened again... Matthew was glad she had been home when this happened. 

   "What happened?" Crayola asked worriedly. 

   "My father..."