Travelers

"I can see why you said you hated this place."

   Matthew had been quiet for a while. He was studying Charlie. Charlie was easily his most complicated sibling. He was one of the two dead in the middle and the last of the "older" siblings. Yet he was probably the worse treated because he was the first boy after Matthew's disappearance. 

   When Matthew returned Charlie was only 14. He seemed to excited to meet Matthew but then... He seemed so resentful after that. It took so long before Matthew could even earn his trust again. 

   "Earth to Matthew!"

   Matthew snapped back to the present. "Hmm?"

   "You keep spacing out. What is up with you?" Charlie huffed. 

   Matthew pursed his lips. "Are you okay?"

   Charlie blinked and retreated back a little bit. "What?! Why would you ask that?"

   "I mean with Father back and what he said to you and everything that's happened.... I was just wondering."

   Charlie stared at his brothers face before he turned away. "I'm fine. Lets keep moving."

   Matthew let the conversation drop. By now they had passed three different multiverses. With none of their family in them... Where could everyone be?

   Both Watchers shivered as they passed into another multiverse. After a while they learned to tell when one patch ended and another began. 

   Matthew opened up a panel and glanced over the code before he paused. He closed the code and opened a portal. "C'mon!"

   Charlie followed behind. 

   Both brothers ended up in a universe that looked barren. It only took a moment before a figure blipped in front of them. 

   "Mattie! Thank the stars." The spirit threw his arms around the eldest. 

   Matthew sighed in relief and hugged his brother. "Isn't this odd. I was actually looking all through the multiverse's for you."

   Matthieu shoved him off. "No time for jokes. How did you two get here?"

   "The same way we're getting out. Let's try tp hurry!" Charlie huffed clearly impatient. 

   Matthew nodded. "Let's go."