Cosmic Power

You know. I've never been one for fight scenes. Use your imagination! Also slight gore?

   Charlie couldn't believe it. Matthew had lost. All hope was gone. Their Father had won... 

   The castle was in shambles. Capital city was ruined. It would take ages to rewrite the code and fix this mess if they even got out of this...

   He grit his teeth and glared at the spirit of his Father. He hated the man. He had been so glad when he killed him and then... Why couldn't he have stayed dead?!

   "You made yourself weak Matthew. You could have stayed strong." James sighed quietly.

   The Cosmic Crown lay discarded to the side. Maybe he could- Charlie reached for the crown carefully. 

    James whirled around and kicked the crown away. "Oh no. I won't be falling for that again." He pushed a food down into Charlies back. "You disappoint me."

   Charlie grit his teeth. He wouldn't scream. He'd never give this man the satisfaction again. 

   "Face it. You were always the weakest of my creations. And that rebellious faze. You ruined my plans as much as Matthew did. Anything to say for yourself?"

   Charlie stared at the ground pointedly. He had nothing to say. 

   "Charlie!"

   Charlie glanced up. Mum..?

   "Charlie!" She called again. 

   James snarled and sent a wave of power knocking Charlene over. 

   Charlie stared at the scene with wide eyes. He snapped his eyes back to the ground and reached up. He gripped his fathers ankle. His only thought was how much he wanted him OFF. Power began to surge from his soul and straight to his fingertips. And the weight lifted off of him. 

   Charlie snapped his head up and watched as James stumbled backwards in surprise. His boot glowed faintly with power. Charlie came to his knees and stared at his hand. He knew this power... He had studied it for years and years...

   "You brat!"

   Charlie pressed his hands against a few pieces of rubble. 'Keep him distracted.' The rubble shook and shivered before lifting into the air and flying toward the man. Charlie grabbed ahold of some ripped cloth from a flag. 'Tend to Matthew's wounds.' 

   James swatted at the rubble and growled attacking the rocks. 

   Charlie scrabbled to his feet and took off across the rubble toward the crown. Almost there...

   "No!"

   Yes!

   Charlie snatched the crown up and put it on his head. Instantly the power fogged his mind. He grit his teeth and glared at his father. He had only one mission. "Banish him."

   The area began to glow. James' eyes widened. "No! I won't lose to you again!"

   "You have no choice." Charlie frowned and concentrated more. 

   James began to scream. A shadowy figure seemed to seep out of his eyes and nose and mouth. The screams dulled into a gurgle as James began to choke. The sight lasted seconds. There was a blip and then... He was gone. 

   Charlie sucked in a breath. He reached up and tore the crown off his head before throwing it to the ground. The buzz in his mind subsided.  

   Did he do it..?

   "Charlie!" 

   Charlie looked as Matthew came up to him. The flag cloth was wrapped around his arm carefully. 

   "That was amazing! You did it!" Matthew grinned.

   Charlie blinked before looking down at his hands. "Yeah... I guess I did."