The Vile Village

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V

From afar a bluish grey vehicle drove down the desolate one way road. Inside sat five children who all looked unbelievable bored. There had been few gas stations or pit stops, only a wide expanse of dry grass and dust.

Of course, Mr. Poe couldn't stop coughing because of this.

"This car trip has been interminably long. Who knew the Hinterlands were so far away?" Mr. Poe sparked up a conversation.

The car ride had indeed been gloomy. No one said a word. This had to be the forth or fifth time they would be put in another home and with their luck non of their guardians seemed to last long.

"That's why they're called the Hinterlands." Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Nobody likes a backseat driver Klaus. Tell me when that turn is coming up." the man scolded.

"Missed it." Sunny said.

Selena held in a smirk as they passed the sign. 

They all winced as Mr. Poe started coughing even harder and swallowed his spit. Ew.

"It takes a village to raise a child. What a lovely aphorism. An aphorism is a phrase that can sound mysterious, but can mean very wise." Mr. Poe rambled.

At that point Arlo lowered the back window allowing the breeze to blow in to try to block out Mr. Poe's words while Selena hid her smile again.

"We know what aphorism means." Violet nodded.

"Well. Perhaps you'll know this one means that the responsibility of raising young people belongs to every member of a community. That's exactly what's going to happen to you in the village of VFD." he smiled.

That seemed to catch everyone's attention. VFD.

"Instead of having one guardian, who could be murdered or end up in cahoots with a villain, you'll have hundreds of people caring for you. What could go wrong." Mr. Poe cheerily asked.

"Well many things." Selena mumbled.

Mr. Poe caught on to that "Oh come on lighten up Selena. This is an exciting opportunity to become apart of a community!" 

At this point Klaus snapped, "What could go wrong? Everything's gone wrong. We've lost our friends twice." 

"Yes, well..." he awkwardly grinned, "Would you look at this brochure? It has pictures."

He reached back and showed them the brochure, which Violet took. Arlo leaned over looking at the pamphlet in interest. The village indeed looked old timey in the black and white photo.

"That's a lot of crows. And with crows comes bird po- Ow!" Selena smacked his arm stopping him and Sunny giggled at their antics.

"An entire village will be in charge of us? That's a lot of people." Violet hummed.