The Hostile Hospital

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V

When the Baudelaires barged into room 922.

Sadly, they were met with an empty operating bed. Selena and Arlo were no where to be found and that already set them on edge.

"They're not here Violet." Klaus turned to his sister who was already contemplating where else they haven't checked. 

"Who's not here? Doctors." the voice of Esmé Squalor asked behind them making their blood run cold.

They both turned looking at the woman who was still dressed in her horrifying nurses outfit holding a large knife.

Klaus cleared his throat speaking in a gruff voice, "Miss, uh...do you know what happened to the patient that was in this room?"

"Do you mean the little girl with the big mouth? and maybe her visitor too. Well she's being prepped for surgery and the other is waiting in the operating room with the impending audience." she smiled fakely.

"Surgery?" Violet asked beside him.

"Yes so you are both just in time." Esmé waved her knife at them. 🔪

"Paging. Dr. Faustus and Dr. Grey. You are desperately needed in the operating theater. In precisely five minutes, we will perform the world's first cranioectomy on a teenage girl." they all heard the smug voice of 'Dr. Medicalschool' over the PA.

Klaus thought to himself speaking aloud, "Oh well 'cranio' means head and 'ectomy' means to remove something..." his voice trailed off.

Violet stepped back as Esmé came towards them pointing her large knife with a maniacal grin.

"You know very big words. You must be a very good doctor. Let's find out how good you both are."

Violet quietly panicked internally with Klaus as they were led involuntarily out of the patient's room.

"We all know this is a very dangerous operation, but as always, in the field of medicine stuff happens." Count Olaf's voice droned through the speaker.

Klaus gulped in fright. They were expecting him to cut off his girlfriend's head. He and Violet couldn't possibly do that, but then again this was their way of cornering them. They would have to surrender, but maybe just maybe he could find a way out of this.

Violet scrunched her face as Esmé pointed the large bone saw in their faces.

"If you are wondering about my enormous terrifying knife, the answer is yes it is incredibly sharp." she spoke stopping them in front of the elevator.

"We can see that.." Violet began to talk but was caught off when she held the knife incredibly close to her throat imitating a cutting sound.

"One swipe and Crrrrrrcrrrcrrr.."