MOVIE NIGHT!! Gone wrong...

Selena's P

Selena's P.O.V

A few minutes had passed and we were now seated around the dining table with our plates piled with the takeout Monty brought back. To say that things were awkward would be an understatement.

I was sitting beside Klaus opposite of Violet who held Sunny closely to her and eyed 'Stephano' every now and then.

'Stephano' looked quite innocent around Monty because he kept his menacing looks to a minimum, but I really couldn't eat this wonderful food with holes burning in my head every now and then. I glanced up only a few times to see him smirking slightly at me before eating a forkful of ramen. Monty seemed to have noticed the tense atmosphere and decided to speak.

"Now let's eat quickly everyone. We don't want to be late for the movies." He chimed.

Oh I remember now, we are supposed to go to the movies. That brightened yet sodded my mood. Yes we are going to the movies which is probably my second most favorite place in the world with food and everything, but judging from 'Stephano's' facial features everytime Monty mentioned it I'd say he has something planned.

Still I couldn't help feel a bit excited.

"I don't think I'll be joining tonight. I thought
I'd stay in and read up on poisonous venoms." Count Olaf stressed out with his incredibly fake accent. Right...

"Uh oh! " Sunny babbled in her usual tongue.
She's right, just imagine what he would do with that type of information at his disposal.

"Well Stephano you must join us, we have to celebrate your arrival." Monty said giving him slight false praise. 'Stephano' only grinned back a fake smile.

"In all honesty I prefer long form television to the movies. It is much more convenient to consume entertainment from your own home." He quickly denied Monty's offer.

"Hmmm well I insist you come." Monty urged on.

"I insist upon staying here." He retorted back.

We continued to silently watch this back and forth banter. They were now staring intensely at each other.

"Well I insisted first." Monty said back in a quipped voice.

"Well I insisted louder." 'Stephano' said raising his voice louder.

I slowly ate my ramen watching them stare each other down. This is very interesting.

"Well with all due respect I feel a little uncomfortable leaving my reptiles alone with a relative stranger." Monty breathes out momentarily breaking eye contact with him.

"Fine, but I would like to make a brief phone call before we leave." 'Stephano' sighed while gritting his teeth.

"Of course the phone is in the parlor." Monty directed.