What kind of performance was that?

Selena's P

Selena's P.O.V

Okay I'm really tired of laying around all day. I rolled off my bed and stood up next to my dresser. My hair was a mess and I felt as if I had been sleeping for a solid good thirty minutes. In the midst of my self assessment, I took up my brush and brushed my hair, paying attention to the knots intently. Feeling satisfied, I put down the brush.

Instead of just laying around for the rest of the day, I might as well help thr Baudelaires with their work. But good things do have a price. If I go over to their place, that means I'll have to converse with Count Olaf. Just thinking of him makes me want to hurl.

Choices, choices...

I want to help, so yeah I'm going. I changed my attire quickly and rushed downstairs for dinner. Aunt Strauss had just set the table and I took my regular seat beside her. Smiling at my eargerness for her food, she went into the kitchen again.

Moments later, she came back with a bowl of mashed potatoes balanced in one hand and in the other was a plate of barbecue chicken. I helped her place the bowls of chicken on the table before taking a seat again as she shared out the food.

"Aunt Strauss, I was wondering if I could stay at Count Olaf's house for a night." I said whole playing with the mashed potatoes with my fork.

She looked surprised before replying," Why would you want to go? I thought you didn't like Count Olaf." Looking up after having some mashed potato I shrugged.

"It seems that the Baudelaires would need my help seeing as they are making dinner for him. I also just want to know more about them." I replied. She looked to be in thought for a second before replying," I don't see why not. But remember to bring a change of clothes and ask Count Olaf first."

"Of course Aunt Strauss." Ugh I have to converse with him at some point again in my life.

I finished my dinner and immediately afterwards went to pack my bag for the night. I hope they don't mind me helping them out.

Putting my mini travel bag over my shoulder and went out the door after getting a quick goodbye from my Aunt.
I started my trek across the road and saw Violet, Klaus and Sunny. Violet and Klaus were holding bags of groceries and were walking to their new home.

I picked up my pace a little i decided to spook them a little. I slowed my pace and when I was right behind them I made my presence known.

"I am always watching." I said in a deep voice. They both jumped a bit seeming spooked before turning abruptly to face me. They're expressions changed from frightened to delighted and I smiled back.

" Did ya miss me?" I questioned them with an innocent look on my face. Violet looked happy before responding.

"Yes, although you did just scare us to death." She replied giving me a playful glare. Giggling slightly I decided now was the time to tell them why I'm with them.