Reptiles? I guess they're somewhat cute...

Selena's P

Selena's P.O.V

I don't know how to feel right now. Really excited or sad because now I'm no longer with my aunt. But I'm with my friends to protect them and most importantly make sure their happy. Those were the thoughts on my mind as I looked out the window.

The land we were driving past seemed barren and dusty but I did enjoy the scenery as we passed by. I tore my gaze away and looked beside me. My friends were looking out the window with me too. This is such a picture perfect moment. I smiled and looked to the front to see Mr. Poe smiling a bit from seeing them in the rear view mirror. A couple of minutes passed before I looked out into the distance on the right hand side of the road.

"It's a brand new episode in your lives Baudelaires. In a few minutes you'll be meeting your new guardian Dr Montgomery. He's your closest living relative and apparently should have been your guardian all along, according to your deceased parents will." He remarked casually. We turned to look at him. You don't say?

"I'm beginning to think it was a mistake
to listen to that oddly dressed consultant who walked into my office with no references and identification and who suggested I put you in Count Olaf's care." He said thoughtfully. I felt the need to smack him over his head. It's taking him this long for him to process it his tiny brain that it was his mistake.

I rolled my eyes and looked back out the window.

"My siblings and I wholeheartedly agree." Violet said. Sunny squirmed a little and looked at him.

"You're a disgrace to your profession." She grumbled in her usual baby tone. I smirked at that.

"My recently rehired secretary Jacquelyn is nervous that Count Olaf is at large, but I don't believe Count Olaf will be able to find you children all the way out here. Oh look there's an easy to read sign for lousy lane. By the way the police tell me that they are very confident that Count Olaf will be caught in no time at all. Ah here's the turn." He rambled before turning on the rocky road.

I immediately started to smell a bitter sweet smell and immediately knew it was ginger. I was used to the smell since my aunt used it a lot but my friends seemed to have problems. They started coughing and covering their noses.

"What is that smell?" Klaus coughed out
a bit.

"It's ginger I believe. We're here now." He remarked as we drove into the place.

There was a big tall metal gate opened for us to enter and Mr. Poe drove past the gates. To say this place was alright would be an understatement, it was beautiful. There were wonderfully decorated hedges leading up the driveway and a massive fountain in the middle to compliment it's beauty.

He pulled up in a two way driveway and we halted to a stop. I opened the door and was the first to jump out and stretch my tired limbs. I took out my bag of valuables and waited for my friends to come out of the car.