Chapter 1

CREDIT TO Tootsierollyumyum for story ideas and inspiration!!! Go check her out now, and enjoy!

____________________________________

Vanellope woke up in the large castle, her eyes unfocused and her tiny frame swallowed by the bed. She wasn't used to it. It wasn't her comfortable old home in diet cola mountain, but, that had been destroyed along with the mentos rocks and Turbo.

It had been three months since then, when Turbo had attacked and attempted to destroy all of Sugar Rush. At least, as soon as she decided to fight back.

The thought kept Vanellope up most nights, because honestly, she wondered what would happen if she never tried to race. She wondered what would happen if King Candy would have just told her what would happen if she raced. Most of all, though, she wondered why King Candy hadn't killed her.

She was a glitch back then. If she had died, she would be gone forever. So why did he lock her up instead of get rid of her for good?

Vanellope groaned and rolled out of bed. She glitched into her clothes, a task she'd soon gotten the hang of, and walked out of the room.

The castle was large, and quiet. She was worried about this. She was...well, small, and the large white castle didn't suit her...or fit her, really, at all. Vanellope sighed.

She stepped outside, and the racers were already waking up, some of them leaving their homes as they pulled on thier gloves, others thier shoes. Some waved to her, and she waved softly back. Then they would race off, into thier garages, to grab thier karts. Vanellope smiled. The scent of sweets was in the air, and she should be happy. She'd gotten her life back. That was something to smile about.

She skipped off to get her kart, her OLD kart, and looked over it. It was sill covered in randomly placed candies and sweets...and frosting...and the names written in icing on the side were craking and falling apart. She ran a hand over the hood...then pushed it back into the garage.

She walked around and rolled out the white kart. She still imagined King Candy in it...and she had never been able to picture it as hers, but...that's what it was...hers...

She climbed in, the seat uncomfortable and the controls unfamiliar.

She turned the wheel and pushed the gas. She still wasn't used to it. After three months. She shook her head and climbed out. She wasn't on the roster today, so she decided to take it easy...maybe visit Game Central Station.

Vanellope smiled at the thought. Ever since she'd first journeyed out of her game, Game Central Station had amazed her.There were so many people, everywhere...and she had hopped and skipped and ran around, talking to everyone. Good and Bad, Main characters and the side ones. Yeah, she could use a smile today.

Vanellope went out towards the exit of the game, the rainbow colored road squishing softly as she walked. It transformed into metal slowly as the platform of trains met with the rainbow road.

She hopped onto the train and let t cary her in. Her eyes lit up at the colors...then scrunched in confusion as she saw Ralph. He was standing outside her game, smiling when he saw her.

"Hey, numbskull, how's it going?" Vanellope says, jumping from the train and onto the new platform.

Ralph chuckles and says, "Pretty good, I guess. I figured you'd wanna come with me and see the new game, but, I guess you've already heard of it?"

Vanellope's eyes lit up, "A new game? Heck yes, I wanna see it!"

She ran off in the direction of the game, and Ralph had to hurry to catch up.

Vanellope stopped when she saw what the outlet said. Her eyes scrunched in confusion, and she said slowly, "Sugar Rush...2?"