Chapter 3

HEY!!! HEY GUYS!!! TootsieRollYumYum is the reason I'm writing this story, so go check her out!

Also, we can add MUSIC now?!
------------------------------------

The train stopped, and Vanellope hopped out.

"Hey, kid, wait up!" Ralph tried to stop her, but she rushed in anyway, her heart racing and her eyes wide. She felt the familiar squeeze that they felt when they entered games, and she slowed to a stop.

The whole world was green. Just as her game was based off of pink and chocolate, here it was green and mint.

Ralph followed her in and twitched his nose. "Ech, smells like a dentists office."

It was true, the smell of peppermint was everywhere, and Vanellope had the idea that everyhing green was sour.

The other racers trickled in, and each one "oood" and "aaahhd." Vanellope turned to them and grinned. She placed her hands on her hips and said, "Alright, chumps. You've seen the place, but it's time to go home."

Everyone booed. "Why, we like, just got here?" Taffyta said.

"Well, I'm gonna go up to that big castle over there," she pointed for emphasis, "And I'm already taking Ralph."

She shrugged. "I don't wanna scare the new racers. I mean, do you guys?"

They all looked around, and nodded, but they all looked disappointed, too.

"Look, I'll bring ya all back once we scope it out, alright? I swear it." They all said okay and smiled a bit. "Good. Crumbelina, you're in charge of the volunteers for tommorow while I'm gone, got it?" She nodded. "Sweet. Now go home! Behave yourselves!"

The racers left, Rancis he last to leave, trailing behind.

Ralph looked to her and said, "You've really taken charge, haven't you, kid?"

Vanellope smiled, "Welp, a presidents gotta do what a presidents gotta do." She spun on her heels and walked further in. "C'mon, you lug, lets go check this place out!"

Ralph smiled and shook his head, following her.

The road leading in was made of pure mint, the ground green, white, and red in swirly patterns all along the road. The further in they went, the more it smelled like a bag of sour candy.

"Uh, Vanellope, you got a plan, or something?"

"Yep. We're gonna head up to the castle up there and knock on the door. Se if I open the door or if someone else does."

Ralph shrugs. "Alright."

As the two trudge deeper into the game, Vanellope can hear he roar of engines...and hey sounded as if they were-

"Woah, kid, watch out!" Ralph reached forward and plucked Vanellope up by her shirt, just as three racers blasted by them, right where Vanellope had been standing.

Vanellope felt her heart quicken as she remembered what happened if she died outside her game.

"Foul gumdrops..."she muttered, pretending she wasn't shaken.

Ralph put her down, asking, "You okay, Vanellope?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, lets just get up to the castle, alright?"

When they finally reached the castle, Vanellope jumped up and hit the doorbell.

It dinged three times, long chimes that resembled a minor key.

"Ew, I would HATE that doorbell..." Vanellope muttered.

The door swung open, and standing there was a man, as short as Vanellope and just as slim. He was wearing all green, and had a tophat on striped in the three minty colors; green, red, and white. White and red hair spilled from under it. His shirt was green and his overcoat striped with green and white. His pants were black and his shoes, yet another shade of green and red.

His eyes went wide as they wandered over Vanellope and jerked up to Ralph.

"Well sour my bones," he said, his voice slow and thick. "Who in the juice are you two?"

Already Ralph eyed him suspiciously, and who could blame him? After Turbo's little act, he'd been on the lookout for anything strange...like a king in the new Sugar Rush game.

"I'm President Vanellope, leader of Sugar Rush. And who, may I ask, are you?" Vanellope stood with her hands on her hips, defiant and making herself appear bigger.

The man laughed, "Sugar Rush? So they do have he original game?" He laughed again. His laugh was light and airy. "Excuse me, where are my manners. I'm king Sour Gum, leader of Sugar Rush two." He stuck a hand out. "It's wonderful to meet you, Vanellope."

Vanellope shook his hand, and Sour looked to Ralph. "Could you tell your buddy to quit staring at me like I'm gonna grow fangs and attack? He's giving me the creeps."

Ralph scowled at him, and said, "you better hope you're the real deal, or this time I'll really pound you."

Sour looked to Vanellope, his eyes wide and confused. She turned to Ralph, "Could you not, please? I'm trying to make friends here."

Sour shrugged, "oh, it's no big deal. Really, it's fine, I was expecting hate from a few players, considering we're new and therefore we'll be popular for a while...I just don't wanna be smashed, you know?"

Vanellope laughed, "Nah, Ralph's a big softie, he just hasn't had a good run with kings lately."

"I'm standin right here," Ralph said.

* * *

After talking to King Sour Gum, the two left the game without meeting the racers. They were both exhausted, and Ralph was particularly upset.

"Hey kid, do me a favor and don't go in there without me, okay?" He had said before they spit off.

"Don't be such a worry wart, Ralph, he's not Turbo in disguise."

"Well, we can never be to sure, that's all I'm saying."

"Look Ralph, I know you're worried, but do you really think he would be that stupid? To hide in the EXACT same way he hid last time? If he even survived the soda fizz, which he didn't, he wouldn't be so dumb."

Ralph had to agree, of course. She had a good point.

They spilt off and said thier goodbyes, and Vanellope skipped off to bed. One glitch and she was in her pajamas. Tomorrow she would meet the racers, and maybe watch a few races, as she wasn't here for the volunteering and wouldn't be racing in her game.

She squealed and pumped her fists in excitement, then jumped into the bed.

She tossed and turned and finally slept, the castle still large and cold and empty.