Chapter 7

Peppermark looked upon the king in wonder. How in the name of mint was he his son?

"It's...not possible. I think I would remember something like that..." Peppermark muttered, but King Sour Gum went up to him and hugged him. Peppermark glitched in response.

"I thought he'd taken you forever..." he whispered.

"What? Taken him? Who took him?" Vanellope said, glitching over to them. Sour Gum let go and looked at her.

"There was a man, when the game first started up, who came in. He looked like...like a character from that dancing game, but his...face was shifting. One second he had brown hair and the next it was a helmet, and then it was back to hair.

I was here with Peppermark and the other racers, and he came over to us and introduced himself...but refused to give his name. He warned us that we were in danger, and that he needed to see our games coding. We sent Peppermark with him, and, he somehow got into the coding.

We thought it was...strange, that he was able to do that, but just as we went to protest, his entire shifting form dropped and he grabbed Peppermark, locking himself inside the game with him and not exiting since." Sour Gum looked to Peppermark. "The reason you have no home among the racers is because there's a room in the castle with your initials on the door."

"He wanted to see the coding...?" Vanellope said, but Peppermark spoke over her, "Wait, hold up, hold up...I remember waking up with the other racers," he glitched, "and...and how can I remember that, but not some strange man dragging me into the games coding?"

"Turbo can manipulate memories," Ralph said, "Sour Bill told me the last time he interfered. That's why everyone, including you, Vanellope, didn't remember that you were the true ruler until after you crossed the finish line."

"But...how am I a glitch?" Peppermark asked.

Everyone was silent, and Vanellope shrugged, "Buddy, I wish I could tell ya."

Everyone agreed it was time to pay Turbo a visit, and they asked King Sour Gum to lead them to it. "Absolutely, I...I...don't remember...where it is..." he blinked, and something flashed behind his eyes.

Something seemed to settle inside of him, and the others glanced at each other before looking back to him.

His posture grew more strict and he stood taller. "Ah...now I remember...follow me."

"Um...Sour Gum, sir?"Felix asked, curious about the change. "Are...you feeling alright?"

"Of course," King Sour Gum smiled, the grin too large. "Come this way."

Vanellope gestured to the others, and they all followed him, curious, but also cautious.

____________________________________________________________

Hey! Sorry it's kind of short, but get ready for alot of action and fun! Again thanks to TootsieRollYumYum for the ideas and some of the new characters! Go check her out!