Chapter 15, The End

Ahem! TootsieRollYumYum has played a large role in this story, so cheers to her! Go read her stuff! GO NOW.
______________________________________________

The following days were actually quite peaceful. Turbo stayed in a spare room in the castle, and at first it would freak Vanellope out to turn a corner and see him. But he was the only other resident in the otherwise huge, empty white home, so she eventually welcomed the sight of him.

Ralph visited every day, accompanied by Peppermark, who promised he'd come. He would always bring her something sweet from his game, like a jolly rancher. Most of his world was sour, but, eh, he tried.

Racing was a blast, and Vanellope volunteered whenever she could. Life seemed to be full of color again, and one day, she even saw Turbo watching cautiously from the stands. She didn't say anything about it, and he returned the next day, his time smiling as he watched the karts go. One day, when Vanellope had skipped volunteering, she went to watch the races, and suprised Turbo by beating him to his seat.

"Vanellope?" He said, his eyes darting to the track and back.

"Yeah?" She'd responded.

"I...were you, watching the race...? I thought you raced every..." his lisp got worse as he looked around nervously. As if she would be mad if she knew he watched the races.

"Nope. When I'm not racing, I'm watching." Vanellope began to swing her legs as she said this, and the voice rang out overhead, "QUARTER INSERTED."

"I'll just, uh, go back to the castle, then," Turbo said, turning to leave and looking embarrassed.

But Vanellope called him back, "Uh, no you're not. Get over here and sit, Turbutt."

"I thought I said don't call me that," he responded, but he turned back around and sat next to her anyway.

"My game, my rules. I am allowed to call anyone what I like." She said.

"I thought this was a democracy? Isn't that a violation of Human rights?" He asked, a small grin on his face.

"Well, it's more of a...hm...dictorial democracy. As in I'll never leave office."

Turbo shook his head, his grin still visible, and turned to the track, saying, "Well that sounds legal."

The race started, and the racers were off, Vanellope cheering with the crowd. Turbo was silent, and she nudged him a couple of times, but still he didnt say anything.

Over time, Turbo grew more used to his surroundings, just as his surroundings (as in, the racers) grew more familiar with him. But something always seemed missing.

One day, Vanellope rolled out the white vehicle driven by King Candy, right in front of him. Turbo looked at it, a spark jumping behind his eye, then he looked away. But she pushed it over to him.

"I want you to have this. It's wierd for me to drive it," she told him.

His eyes lit up, and he asked, "r...really?"

She nodded, and he ran a hand over it, sugar coming off onto his fingers.

"I...I...thank you..." he said. "But...I can't race it. I'm not connected to the game, I'd...I'd die."

"Yeah...that's one reason I debated against giving you the kart. But I can't think of it as mine, so, you take it. Race it around after hours or something."

Turbo had taken a deep breath then, and looked at her. "Thank you. Sincerely."

"Oh, whateves, dude, I can't imagine how it feels to lose your entire game and purpose and whatnot."

As soon as she said it she regretted it. Turbo's face grew slack and he dropped his gaze to the ground.

"Oh, crap, I'm sorry, I meant it to be normal..." she said quickly, but he closed his eyes and shook his head.

"The twins may have teased me, but there were others I'd left behind that...well, that I loved. Family. Friends. Innocet, cheering fans. And I let them all die." Turbo took his hand from the kart and entered the castle. Vanellope didn't see him again until later in the afternoon.

It seemed that things were turning around in the arcade, the guards eventually being able to leave the castle where the code was hidden, and soon enough Turbo was invited to the other games.

Only Ralph's, of course, since that was the only place Vanellope and Ralph were both extremely familiar with. When he entered, multiple of the gameless characters staying there recognized him and shyed away, but after a few visits they warmed up to him.

Turbo had to wipe his eyes multiple times as he was reminded of all the old games that once lived in the arcade. All the retro games that had been unplugged, just like his.

Yep, life was pretty great. Peppermark kept coming on to Vanellope, who playfully pushed him away, and Turbo eventually learned to adjust to his world and his life. He became less angry, more selfless.

The arcade was peaceful. And the story was over.