9. Hogsmead

Even though you knew Draco was going to ask you to the ball, it still took you off guard a little bit. You stared at him, and as you stared, you could feel your heart trying to break through your chest.

Draco watched nervously, maybe he had been wrong, maybe you weren't willing to go with him at all.

'Maybe this, maybe that... Grow some balls will you?'

'For once, I'm going to agree, whats the worst that can happen?'

'Uh, she laughs in your face and says no...'

'In which case, we go find a hotter girl to take.'

'Uh, one small problem with that theory.'

'What?'

'Alice Smat is the hottest girl in school!'

'Right.... well mate, she says no, you're f*cked.'

Draco mentally kicked himself, the longer he had to wait for an answer, the more nervous he got about being rejected.

"I would love to..." you nearly whispered, catching his gaze. Smiling at him, you sat up in bed, and grabbed his wrist lightly. "But I swear to god, if you step on my feet all night." You uttered threateningly, but of course you were only joking.

Draco smiled, "I'm a good dancer." he stated flatly, standing up fully, and stretching. He heaved a sigh of relief after you walked into the bathroom. That was one of the most terrifying things he ever had to do, and it turned out well.

You plunked yourself down in front of Seth at the Slytherin table, for breakfast. "I brought something back for you." you stated, handing him a bottle of syrup.

Seth stared at it, "is this what I think it is?!" he faked excitment, as he pulled the cork off the top of the bottle. Drizzling the syrup over his pancakes, he took a bite. ".... Can I marry this syrup?" he asked, staring up at you.

You laughed, "I told you Canadian syrup was better." grabbing a piece of toast for yourself, you glanced around the rather deserted great hall, "so, I have some news..." you said, feeling your cheeks turn hot.

Seth stared at you, your cheeks were growing red, "Hmm?" he asked between mouthfuls of pancake.

"Draco Malfoy asked me to the ball." When you said it, you felt the familiar butterflies flit around your stomach.

Seth stared, "and what did you say?" he asked, fake excitment was evident, as he played it up. It was as if he was a gossip collumnist, deprived of any good gossip.

You stuck your tongue out at him, "I said yeah..." you watched his face for a reaction.

Seth jumped up slightly, overdoing his fake excitment, "oh my god, oh my god!" he exclaimed, fanning his face with his hands.

You laughed at him, "Yah, laugh it up chuckles."

Seth took a seat on the bench once again, shaking his head. "seriously though, why Malfoy? Since we've been here, you've hated each other."

You shrugged, "I guess things have changed.." you stated, not really knowing the answer yourself.

'It's because we have the hots for him... Just accept it.'

'No, it's because he isn't as much of a jerk as we thought.'

'Why do you keep denying it.... We like him, and you know it.'