29. Hospital Wing.

(A/N Don't forget to vote!)

You couldn’t help but fiddle with the locket that was in your pocket, while you were doing your homework. It was something new, something exciting…. But who sent it? Fred possibly? It seemed like something he would do. Without hesitation you gripped Fred’s bead, ‘Fred Weasley, I have a bone to pick with you.’ you thought at him, remembering the firework display this morning.

‘Ron already told me you seemed angry about the morning post.’ Fred thought at you with a highly amused tone.

‘It’s not funny! The fact I was at your house for the break is supposed to be kept secret!’ you thought to him, obviously annoyed.

‘What’s the worst that could happen?’ Fred thought, still seeming highly amused.

‘That’s not the point, Fred!’ you yelled at him, in your head, getting severely annoyed. ‘It’s not fun and games all the time, you have to think of the consequences too!’

Fred didn’t think anything back at you, and for a moment you thought he ‘hung up’ on you.

You continued anyway, even though Fred hadn’t replied. ‘What’s with the tin, and locket you sent me anyway?’ you asked him.

‘Tin and locket? I haven’t sent anything like that at all….’ Fred thought back, a worried note to his voice.

‘Weird…’ you thought, more or less to yourself, than a response to Fred.

‘Alice, be careful….. Get rid of the tin and locket, it could be cursed….’ Fred thought, immediately becoming serious.

‘It will be fine, Fred. Don’t worry about me. I have to get back to my homework though. Bye…’ almost immediately the shining blue bead stopped flickering, and returned to its dull blue.

Fred had an uneasy feeling in his stomach, as he turned to look at his twin who was eyeing him with curiosity. “Somebody has sent Alice a tin, and a locket….”

George looked concerned as well, “Doesn’t she know about what happened to Katie Bell, with that weird necklace before the Christmas break?”

“Probably…” Fred responded, “I think it’s time for us to take action.”

George grinned a little bit, “right you are, dear brother.”

You packed up your parchment that was laying on the table, your essay was finished for Transfiguration. Stowing it in your bag, you glanced down at Shadow. “I should take you outside before I go to bed shouldn’t I, boy?” you asked quietly, your fingers brushing against the locket in your pocket. “Stay.” you ordered Shadow, as you ran up to your room to put your bag away.

Shadow barked happily, as you returned. He pranced around your feet, excited about being taken outside.
You smiled down at the dog, as you pushed the portrait hole open.

Shadow jumped and frolicked around the grounds, while you waited patiently by the fountain. After a half hour of playing fetch, you decided it was time to go back into the castle, and go to bed.

Calling Shadow, you made your way back towards the castle doors, your pup bouncing happily at your heels. Opening the great wooden doors just a crack, you slithered inside, into the warmth, and headed towards the prefect common rooms. You were surprised to find that the common room was rather empty, it was just Hermione sitting by the fire, doing homework. You nodded a greeting to her, and headed towards your own dorm room.

Draco looked up when he heard the dorm room door opening, and saw you appear in the doorway. He gazed at you for a moment, before turning his attention back to the night sky that he could see through his frosted window.