12. Boys are dumb.

Suddenly loosing his nerve Draco got up, "I'm going to get a drink, do you want one?" he asked, finding it difficult to look you in the eye.

"Sure. Thanks." You smiled at him, as he headed towards the long table filled with various snacks, and bowls filled with fluids.

'You're a coward.'

'I'd like to see you ask her out then.'

'Well I sure in h*ll wouldn't pull that, and then ask if she wanted a drink.'

'What else was I supposed to do? 'oh, Alice... I was just about to ask you to be my girlfriend, but I chickened out.... so nevermind then.' Oh how romantic!'

'Since when have you ever been romantic?'

'Since I actually care for a girl.'

Grabbing a few cups of punch, Draco started his walk back towards the tables. He dodged people on the dance floor smoothly, while keeping his eye on you the whole time.

You sat patiently, awaiting Draco's return with the drinks. Sighing to yourself you caught the glimpse of white blonde out of the corner of your eye. You watched as Draco dodged the vast aray of dancers, while not spilling a drop of the drinks.

Taking his seat again, Draco handed you the cup of punch. Sipping at his own, he watched you out of the corner of his eye, while pretending to watch the people on the dance floor.

You sighed, watching the girls in their dresses twirl around with their dance partners. It was like watching the dancers in the musical jewlery boxes your mom used to have.

Draco turned his attention away from you in horror, as he watched the horrendius blob of Pansy Parkinson waddle her way onto the stage, and grab for the mic. He turned to face you, to see your reaction of complete horror also. Standing up, he held out his hand, and waited for you to take it, "let's go, we got to save ourselves!"

You snickered at Draco, gripping his hand and letting him pull you out of the great hall. Just as the doors closed behind you, you heard the faint screeching, which sounded similar to a dying elephant, and a train forcing to stop abruptly after reaching its top speed. You shuddered at the noise, only imagining the pain the others in the great hall were enduring.

"God thats horrible." Draco muttered, cringing when the doors flew open and the screeching got louder as people tried to escape.

You smirked at him, running down the hall trying to get away from the noise. Turning the corner, you slammed into something hard, and nearly fell over. "Geezus..." you muttered, looking at what you bumped into. Your curious gaze almost immediately turned into a deadly glare as you realized you bumped into Seth.

Seth stared down at you, caught between apologizing, or being a jerk. He hadn't meant to be such an arse back at Hogsmead, but he was hoping to take you to the ball, instead, you were going with Malfoy, to whom the two of you were suppose to hate.

"Well then move." you hissed, your eyes narrowing in rage. After that incident at Hogsmead, you could only feel hatred towards Seth. Sure you both transferred at the same time, and were really close, but what he did was completely uncalled for. You could like whoever you d*mn well pleased, and he shouldn't get a say in it at all.

"Here I was hoping I wouldn't have to see your ugly face tonight." Seth sneered, it was an automatic reaction to your hostility.

"Remind me who showed up dateless." you growled back, you were hot, and you knew it. Infact, so did he.