Prologue

52 years old, Holly Menzies that's the name this world gave me. My life wasn't short, but it flew by so fast. Did I take it for granted? Yes, did I forget to say please and thank to my family at the most seemingly unimportant moments of my life? Unfortunately, yes. I regret my greed and the way I disregarded my family as if they were nothing, they made me who I am, and now I'm alone, without them, without a soul in sight. In the dark, it's almost unbearable, I have this ache in my chest as emotions I should have felt crash through like a million daggers.

But all I can do is sit here in wonder, wonder if they loved me how I was? Will they cry for me? Do I even deserve it? I was selfish, horrible. I just hope they can move on; I hope they can find that one love, that love that makes them feel safe and comfort and unwavering trust. Like you can be yourself no matter what and that they be appreciated for it rather than in spite of it.

What do I regret the most? The love that I denied my own children, I mean of course I loved them with my entire being, but I can't remember ever showing it. But now that I've seen them grow into wonderful people, with families of their own I just wish that I could have done better, been better for them. Oh, if I had the chance to do it again, to be able to protect them for the evils of this world and be able to give them everything and anything they dreamed of.

I wish I could have done it differently. But I'm ready, to go, to leave it all behind and watch over them.

3rd Person POV

As Holly stood a light appeared and she knew it was time, time to go, to say goodbye and I'm sorry. As she walked towards the light it seemed to get smaller, so she speeds up her pace almost running towards it as it fades away.

As the light disappears the abyss, she is standing in seems to fade too, shaking she tries to steady herself. Only to fall and disappear into unconsciousness.

-

-

----------------------------------

The End

-

Just kidding

But seriously, what did you guys think