Chapter 6

-

-

-

3rd POV - Mystic Grill

"His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue," Caroline states as her and Bonnie enter the Mystic Grill.

"You got all of that in one day?" Bonnie questions, disbelieving.

"Oh, please, I got all that between third and fourth period. We're planning a June wedding," Caroline boasted.

-

-

Gilbert Residence

Elena walks through the adjoined bathroom to Jeremy's room to see him drawing, she smiles leaning against the door knocking on the wall.

"Hey, did you need anything" he says looking up at her.

"No, I just wanted to let you know that I was going out and I'll be back later so text me if you anything," Elena replies.

"Will do" he says, looking back down at artbook.

Elena walks downstairs to the kitchen where Jenna is.

"Hey Aunt Jenna, I'm going to head out for a little bit," Elena tells her.

"Okay, have fun but before you go can you tell me about your day?" Jenna asks, seemingly hiding something.

"Okay, well I went to school with Bonnie and most of the day went smoothly. Though this morning before 1st period Jeremy almost had a panic attack so he skipped the first few periods," I start. "Then after school I went to the cemetery to talk to mum and dad, and I met the new kid after I skited out there was a crow and fog anyway. He was nice and he was actually staring at me in history, and I thought back to what you said about going into relationships. But there is something about him I don't really get it, there's just some type of pull I feel towards him like an initial attraction but not exactly that you know."

-

-

Jenna's POV

As I was listening to Elena, I couldn't help but think 'it's starting'. I mean it's really happening and feel as though I'm under prepared, but that reminds me.

"So all-in-all a normal school day with a few weird bits thrown in?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yeah, pretty much" she said. "Aunt Jenna what do think I should do about Stefan; I mean I think I like him but I'm not sure if it's romantic. What do I do?" she asks me, insecurity lacing her voice.

"Well, I think you shouldn't rush into a relationship straight away as I've already told you," I start, not really knowing what to say. "So, you should probably try and be his friend first because for all you know that attraction, that thing you feeling you think is drawing you into him could just be platonic. For all you know he could be your soulmate, but I believe people can have more than one soulmate and that includes having a platonic soulmate."

"Platonic soulmate huh, that could be something. Well Aunt J I'm off" Elena says turning to grab her things.

"Elena wait, I wanted to give you something for surviving your first day back." I say, moving over to grab the jewelry box from my handbag.

"Aunt Jenna... you didn't have to get me anything," Elena states, dumbfounded a bit.

"Of course, I did, today was big for both you and Jeremy and you handled it remarkably well," I said giving her the box.