Chapter 5

'It's go time' I think as I wake up, surprisingly late.

At which I get up and get changed quickly, heading downstairs to make the kids breakfast. However, I see Jeremy in the kitchen cooking.

"Jer, I didn't know you could cook?" I question teasingly.

"I'll have you know that I can cook very well thank you. Mum taught me how but considering how I'm the youngest I didn't have too" he said with a look of pride on his face.

"Well, that makes one of us" I say, grabbing plates out one of the cabinets. "Hey, do you know if Elena if up?"

"I don't know, let's see" he says, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Elena, you awake!"

-

Elena's POV - a few minutes before the kitchen conversation

I know I really shouldn't still be writing in this stupid things because it keeps me in that moment, reliving it over and over again. But it helps me realise that it's not all it was my fault, through it's not just the diary, it's Aunt Jenna and Jeremy they have been my rock these past four months.

Those are just the many incessant thoughts that go through my mind as I grab my diary from under my mattress to write in it for the nth. I write 'Dear diary, today will be different and not for the reasons people will think. I will say 'I'm fine, thank you' because it will be true and yes even though they are gone I will not forget them or forget how I was before... I'm going stay strong and support Jeremy and Aunt Jenna with that strength as they have done for me.'

I finished up writing and start putting away my diary as I hear Jeremy shout "Elena, you awake!", chuckling silently at his antics, I respond with "Yeah, be down in a minute."

I walk up to my mirror and do a once over of my outfit and hair before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

-

Jenna's POV

I look up from my plate to see Elena walking into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee, before heading to seat next to Jeremy while we eat. Sitting in silence for a few seconds I finally ask "Do you guys have everything you need for your first day back? Lunch money?"

"I'm good" Elena and Jeremy reply in unison. "Don't forget about that meeting you have with your thesis advisor" Elena mentions as an afterthought.

"Mm, I didn't forget" I say vague, trying not give away that fact that I dropped out and actually have a job interview instead. Standing and moving over to the kitchen to put my dishes on the sink, I start walking to that door saying "Okay, you two I'm off have a good day at school."

-

3rd POV - In Bonnie's car

Bonnie and Elena are driving to school, chatting the entire time catching up with each other. Elena starts to zone out while Bonnie starts talking again after a moment of silence.

"So, Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches, and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands...Elena! Back in the car" Bonnies rants.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about how much has changed and how different this year will be. Anyway, enough me, you were telling that..." Elena responds.

"That I'm physic now." Bonnie states as if it's obvious.

"Right. Okay, then predict something. About me" Elena challenges.