Chapter 7

-

-

-

"Just admit it, Elena," Bonnies subtly confronts me.

"Oh, okay, so he's a little pretty," I admit. "I... just don't know what I want.

"He has that romance novel stare," Bonnie says, nonchalantly.

-

3rd POV

While Stefan is listening into Bonnie and Elena's conversation, Caroline walks up to Stefan.

"Hey! You made it!" she says, bubbly personality still intact.

"I did," he replies back casually.

"Well, let's get you a drink," Caroline suggests, grabbing his wrist.

"Well, I'm—" Stefan tries to say but is interrupted.

"Oh, come on," she say leaving no room for discussion, pulling him over to the booze.

-

Elena's POV

"So where is he?" Bonnie questions me.

"I don't know. You tell me, you're the psychic one," I say.

-

-

For some reason Bonnie blitzed out and walked off when Stefan came up to us.

"Hi," I say

"Hi," he says. "I did it again, didn't it?"

"Yeah," I say.

"I'm sorry. You're upset about something," Stefan comments.

"Oh, uh, no, it's- it's just Bonnie. She's...You know what? Never mind. You're...here," I stumble over my words trying to say something.

"I'm here."

-

"You know, you're kind of the talk of the town," I say trying to make conversation.

"Am I?" he asks.

"Mmm hmm. Mysterious new guy, oh, yeah," I say amused.

"Well, you have the mysterious thing going, too," he shoots back. "Twinged in sadness."

"What makes you think that I'm sad?" I says, a little offended.

"Well, we did meet in a graveyard," he comments.

"Right. Well, no, technically we met in the men's room. You don't want to know, it's....it's not exactly party chit-chat," I respond.

"Well, I've never really been very good at, uh, chit-chat," he says, trying to make me more comfortable.

"Last spring. . my parents' car drove off of a bridge into the lake. And I was in the backseat, and I survived, but...they didn't. So that's my story," I say, starting to open up to him.

-

-

"Hey! There you are. Have you been down to the falls yet? Because they are really cool at night. And I can show you...if you want," Caroline says seductively.

"I think you've had too much to drink," Stefan says dismissively.

"Well, of course I have. So—" Caroline says, then is interrupted.

"Caroline. You and me, it's not going to happen. Sorry," Stefan states harshly.

Walking off Stefan approaches me.

"I was wondering who abducted you, but now I know," I say jokingly.

"Is she like that with, uh, all the guys?" he asks.

-

-

3rd POV – Mystic Grill

"Are you sober yet?" Bonnie asks Caroline

"No," she replies

"Keep drinking. I gotta get you home. I gotta get me home," Bonnies says annoyed.

"Why didn't he go for me? You know, how come the guys that I want never want me?" Caroline asks her.

"I'm not touching that," Bonnie states, getting slightly more irritated.

"I'm inappropriate. I always say the wrong thing. And...Elena always says the right thing. She doesn't even try! And he just picks her. And she's always the one that everyone picks, for everything. And I try so hard, and...I'm never the one," Caroline states morosely.

"It's not a competition, Caroline," she tells Caroline, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, it is," Caroline says back.

Bonnie gets up and leaves, leaving Caroline by herself. Looking up she sees a tall, dark stranger who smiles at her. Smiling back, she goes to get up and head over to him but see that he has disappeared. Turning around to leave she bumps into Jenna.

-

-

Elena's POV - Gilbert Residence

Sitting on my bay window sit, I finish writing in my diary and look out my window to see Stefan. Running downstairs, I open the front door.

"I know it's late. But, uh...I needed to know that you were ok," Stefan says to me.

"You know, for months, that's all anyone's wondered about me. If I'll be ok," I say, a little annoyed.

"What do you tell them?" he asks me.

"That I'll be fine," I reply.

"Do you ever mean it?" he asks curiously.

"I didn't and sometimes I still don't but that's all I can do for now, so ask me tomorrow. It's warmer in the house. We can talk. Would you like to come in?" I comment.

"Yes."

-

-

Jenna's POV – Mystic Grill

"Hey Caroline, you, okay?" I ask, after bumping into her noticing that she is slightly drunk.

"Jenna, hey" she says. "Yeah, I'm okay or I will be, I was rejected earlier tonight. The new kid, Stefan is already interested in Elena, God what is so great about Elena that I don't have."

"Caroline, sweetie calm down," I coo at her, trying to calm her down from her rant.

"Oh god, Jenna. I'm so sorry I completely forgot that Elena was your niece," Caroline says apologetically.

"Hey, hey it's okay I understand, completely. It's hard when you get rejected, especially when it's for your best friend. But let me tell you something, you shouldn't have to chase after boys because you are a beautiful young woman and if they don't want you at face value," I say to her, turning to look at her properly. "Then they don't deserve you and I promise that in time someone will love you for you and want to give you the world."

"Thanks... Jenna, really. Um, can you take me home," she asks me.

"Sure kiddo, let's go," I say.

-

-

Okay so that's episode one, as the plot progresses it will focus more on Jenna. However, it will still follow the original plot quite closely in season one mostly, but it will start to branch out season 2 onward as Elijah and Katherine come into the story.

Anyway, what did you guys think.