Chapter 10

Mystic Falls High – Stefan's POV

"World war II ended in... Anyone got anything? Miss Juan? 1945." Tanner said, moving through the lesson plan he had for us.

"Psst. FYI...Our team sucks. They could use you." I turn to see Elena.

"Can't." I say, pushing down a smiling, looking more broody than usual. "I'm a loner."

"Miss Gilbert?" Tanner calls to Elena.

"Hmm?"

"Pearl Harbor?" he repeats in frustration.

"Um..." she says, not knowing the answer.

"December 7, 1941." I answer for her.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert." Tanner replies sarcastically.

"Anytime." I say.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall." He asks, trying to test me.

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir." I reply with no hesitation.

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act."

"1964."

"John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963."

"Martin Luther King."

"'68."

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe vs. Wade."

"1973."

"Brown vs. Board."

"1954."

"The battle of Gettysburg."

"1863."

"Korean war."

"1950 to 1953."

"Ha! It ended in '52." He taunts, seemingly having the upper hand.

"Uh, actually, sir, it was '53." I say smirking, knowing I'm right.

"Look it up, somebody. Quickly." He says, trying to cover himself.

"It was 19...53." a fellow classmate said without looking up from his phone.

-

"How did you know all of that?" Elena asks, once we were out on class.

"Years and years of crossword puzzles. It's a loner thing." I reply vaguely.

-

-

Mystic Falls High, Football Field – 3rd POV

"Seriously, where is Caroline?" Bonnie asked Elena, as they were waiting around for Caroline to start cheer practice.

"I don't know. It's not like her," Elena replied, equally as concerned.

"I'll try her again," Bonnie states, however before she could finish Caroline arrives in a strange car, kissing the man in the driver seat.

"Uh..." Elena says dumbfounded.

"Oh, my God. That must be the mystery guy from the grill," Bonnie comments, staring at Caroline and the mystery guy.

"That's not a mystery guy. That's Damon Salvatore," Elena informs Bonnie.

"Salvatore, as in Stefan?!" Bonnie replies shocked.

Getting over the shock both girls head to the front line to participate in practice, which Caroline already had underway.

"I got the other brother. Hope you don't mind," Caroline says walking in front of Elena. "Sorry I'm late, girls. I, uh, was busy. All right, let's start with the double pike herkey hurdler, what do you say? And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Elena, sweetie, why don't you just observe today? Ok? Keep going! Ok. Do it again from the top. And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8."

-

-

Gilbert Residence - Elena's POV

I start getting the salad container out of the fridge putting them on the bench, turning back to get some dressing.

"Putting it in a nice bowl isn't fooling anyone," Bonnie told me.

"Well then I'm in luck, Aunt Jenna made everything for us. She said she'll back later," I reply, correcting her judgement sarcastically. "Okay, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?"

"Middle drawer on your left," Bonnie said, trying to prove her witchiness.

"Okay, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times," I say, waving off her concern over this subject.

"Yeah, that's it," Bonnie states unbelievingly, as the doorbell rings.

"Okay, he's here. Don't be nervous. Just be your normal loving self," I tell her, walking to the door.

-

-

-