Chapter 11

Gilbert Residence - Elena's POV

Bonnie, Stefan, and I are eating, while making semi-tense small talk.

"Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?" I ask Bonnie, trying to break the ice between them.

"Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad," she tells him bluntly.

"No, about the witches," I say to Bonnie, turning to Stefan. "Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool."

"Cool isn't the word I'd use," she mutters coolly.

"Well, it's certainly interesting," Stefan states, tuning into the conversation. "I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic druids that migrated here in the 1800s."

"My family came by way of Salem," she tells him.

"Really? Salem witches?" Stefan asks.

"Yeah." Bonnie replies shortly.

"I would say that's pretty cool," he tells her.

"Really? Why?" Bonnie askes slightly confused.

"Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity," he informs Bonnie.

"Yeah, they are," she says, a smile forming on her face.

Out of the nowhere the doorbell rings once more.

"I wonder who that could be," I state getting up to head to the door.

Opening the door, I see Caroline and surprisingly Damon.

"Surprise! Bonnie said you were doing dinner, so we brought dessert," Caroline states, holding out the box to me.

"Oh"

-

"You know, you don't seem like the cheerleader type, Elena," Damon tells me.

"Oh, it's just cause her parents died," Caroline tells him before I could say anything. "Yeah, I mean, she's just totally going through a blah phase. She used to be way more fun. And I say that with complete sensitivity."

"I'm sorry, Elena. I know what it's like to lose both your parents. In fact, Stefan and I have watched almost every single person we've ever cared about die," Damon tells me, quite sincerely.

"We don't need to get into that right now, Damon," Stefan comments stiffly.

"Oh, you know what, you're right, Stef. I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was bring her up. Mm," Damon says to his brother.

-

-

Gilbert Residence - Jenna's POV

Walking up to the steps of the porch I brace myself to meet the Salvatore's.

"Home sweet home," I state, walking to the now open door. "Elena are there any leftovers, I'm starving."

After putting my stuff down, I start walking through the hallway to the kitchen, I stop short 'noticing' the there is still company.

"Oh, hi everyone," I say, pretending not to know that they were still there.

"Aunt Jenna, hey," Elena greets me, walking out from the kitchen, Bonnie following shortly behind her. "Yes, there are leftovers. Oh, and let me introduce you to Stefan Salvatore and his brother Damon, they're new in town."

Stefan gets up from his spot on the couch and walks over to me extending his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Sommers," he says to me shaking my hand.