Chapter 12

Gilbert Residence - Elena's POV

"To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught," the TV voiced as I wondered around the kitchen.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket," Jenna said to the TV bitterly.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask.

"Him," she replies shortly.

"The news guy," I question.

"Also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" she tells me.

"Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute," I tease.

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him. What are you doing with that?" she changes the subject.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box," I inform her. "Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."

"Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jen asks.

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring," I comment.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?" Jeremy asks, walking towards us from the stairs.

"You're not going to find out," I tell him offensively.

"I was joking, and that stuff is mom and dads. You can't just give it away," he responds.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy," I tell him as the doorbell rings.

"Hi," Stefan greets me as I open the door.

"Hi," I respond in kind, leaning up to hug him and sneakily give him a kiss on the cheek. "Come on, let's go to my room."

-

-

"I told I would think about it, and I have, but I just can't and I apologies profusely if you were looking for a different answer," I start to tell him, words just following out of me. " The thing is that I don't see you like that, not really anyway, I mean I feel some sort of pull towards you but that's pretty much it. I've taken some time to look at my feelings and what I think this could be and I can't seem to get past this block I have."

"No, I get it, I do, I'm pretty sure I feel the same pull, I just interpreted it differently then you did. But I'm okay with that, I really am, just as long as we can figure out what this is between us, I would love to be friends with you" He says, not looking at me. "As long as you'll let me."

"I want to try something, but I will need you to let me go at my own pace, okay?" I ask, nerves building.

"Of course, whatever you need." He replies, a smile gracing his features.

Leaning in I kiss him, if I were to describe it, curious, it definitely started out curious, though it did not delve to much into a proper kiss before I pulled back.

"I'm sorry, I just had to see" I say, trying to explain myself, leaning against him, he sits up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good. Sorry," he apologies.

"Maybe we should press pause our analysis" I say, breathing deeply.

"Yeah, you're probably right. That was getting a bit..." he doesn't elaborate, but I know what he meant.

"Yeah, but hey what I can say now, is that while I have next to no feelings for you romantically, with physical touch, may it be kissing or hugging, that pull we feel strengthens."

"Yeah,"

"How do you look in a suit?" I ask, changing direction.

"I can pull one off, why?" he replies.

"How about tomorrow night? Will you be my date to the Founder's Party? No funny business, I promise," I say.

"They still do that?" Stefan comments.

"Have you been before?" I question.

"no, the Salvatore's don't get invited anymore," he waves it off.

"Well, this year, there's this heritage project that meant a lot to my mom. She was really involved in the founder's council, and it was her favourite party," I tell him. "I know it sounds really boring, but..."

"I would be honoured to accompany you, Miss Gilbert."

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Salvatore."

-

-

Forbes Residence - Damon's POV

"You can be very sweet when you want to be," Caroline tells me, while I kiss her neck.

"Yes, I can be sweet," I murmur.

"Are you going to kill me?" she asks in a meek voice.

"Mm-hmm. But not yet," I tease, not giving a direct answer.

"Why not?" she asks, confused.

"Because there's something I need you to do for me," I reply honestly.

"Anything," she says, her tone dull.

"How good are you at getting this little nose where it doesn't belong?" I ask, a mischievous smirk slid on my face.

"Oh, I'm excellent," she says walking towards me.

"That makes me so happy," I tell her, my hand reaching up to caress my face. "Now tell me something, what do you know about Jenna Sommers?"

-

-

- - - - - -