Chapter 4

Moving on is the hardest thing to do when dealing with the death of loved ones, but the worst part is not realising that you have. When they are now only a memory for you too reflect on, cherish, remember, but the thing about death is that you are not alone in the mourning, you never are.

And I'll be damned if my niece and nephew ever feel as if they are alone and have no one to turn too, to give them the peace they need to move on is all I ever hope to achieve.

-

-

-

-

Time skip - August 31st, 2009

It's been roughly two months since the conversation Jeremy and Elena had and two months since we all agreed to do boxing together. Jeremy did decide to do Karate as well, so Elena made the decision to do martial arts to but sided with doing Aikido because she didn't want to hurt people but still wanted to be able to defend herself. I joined her as well because I thought it would be a good idea to bring us all closer together and it has, it brought us closer as family, the weird dysfunctional family we're soon to be. There's about a week left of summer break, meaning a week left of pre-canon mayhem 'til the real shit comes in.

I know it still sounds bad but I'm going to try and stay out of it for as long as I can, I was thinking when Elena gets kidnapped. So, it will give me time to prepare for things in advance because nothing dire happens in the first season. So, all I have to do this week is come up with ways to inadvertently help the 'Scooby Gang' work their way through the first season of this show.

There is something that has always made me stumped, vervain. I mean seriously look at Elena, she doesn't ingest it, she only wears a necklace, that she ends up not wearing because it's not even hers to begin with. And why has no one thought of vervain tattoo ink because it wouldn't be a problem mixing liquid vervain with tattoo ink because tattoo ink is diluted with water all the time to make it lighter or darker.

Also, I don't know whether or not to tell someone about this or if I should keep it to myself. My first was to talk to Shelia Bennet but seeing as she's not going to be around for too long, I thought I would just leave her to a calm and relaxed few months. And that goes for pretty much everyone else I thought about like Zack Salvatore, it was either those that would die or those with direct correlation to the main plot. So, I decided to keep it to myself and think of how I could avoid things that happen to me like getting stabbed by Katherine through compulsion means of course and dating Alaric. Not that, that is much of a problem, but I'm just not attracted to him like that, I was however thinking to befriend him and become his best friend so I could stay in the inner loop and deal with the Isobel thing easier.

-

I feel as though things have gotten better in terms of moving on from the accident, I definitely think it has been better than the original pre-canon timeline. Jeremy is not doing drugs and is more family oriented this time around, though I still think he might have a crush on Vickie. The Boxing and Karate has been helping him a whole lot, he even started drawing again and has started to pick up painting which is an amazing development. Elena has been a different story though, she has been better, but she still hasn't really spoken to her friends a lot, which is still more than before. But the Boxing and Aikido has made her open up to me and Jeremy a lot more and she has a few new hobbies of her own to help with coping. One of which being - advanced - yoga which is advanced because she did do cheerleading i.e., making her very flexible and the other two being photography and the piano. The last one I was very surprised because she hadn't played since she was younger, I mean she's a little rusty but it's definitely something to enjoy listening to and watch every once in while to soak up the memories of the years passed.

-

-

-

-

Time skip - September 6th, 2009

It's eight o'clock at night when hear Jeremys "Goodnight, Aunt Jenna, goodnight, Elena". It was around midnight when I heard a door open and hear someone go down to the kitchen. Sighing, I get up too and head down to the kitchen, walking through the hallway I see Elena sitting on one of the stools by the island with a glass of water.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.

"No, is it weird that I'm nervous to go back tomorrow?" Elena replies, slightly surprised to see me awake,

"Honestly, no. I think that you are being nervous is perfectly normal, you aren't going back as the same person you were last year Elena" I say, softly. "But that doesn't mean the new you is bad either, you're growing up. I've watched you for the past three months coping with death of your parents and at first it was hard. It was, because you blamed yourself and I was too in myself with my own grief that I didn't see your needs and I knew that I had to step up and put yours and Jeremy's needs before mine, at least for now."

"Aunt Jenna" Elena started. "You can't just do that, your wellbeing is just as, if not more important than ours. You can't just throw it aside for us."

"Elena, sweetie I'm okay. Honestly, I really am, with helping you and Jer get through this admittedly difficult time you both have helped me grieve and move on. Because I know now that they are gone and all I have now is you two and you guys are now my priority, you guys are my everything" I say, trying to keep my tears at bay. "I've watched you and Jeremy become exceptional kids in this short time, while at the same time mourning the death of your parents. I forgot how courageous you both were and how much you too don't really need me."

"Jenna, we will always need you" Elena says tearily.

"Thanks, Elena. But now you missy need to go to bed, you have school tomorrow Junior year, so exciting!!!" I say with weak enthusiasm, turning to turn back up stair. "Goodnight, Elena"

"Goodnight, Aunt Jenna" Elena said in a soft voice, as I walk away from her.

-

-

-

This was very a filler-esque chapter.

-

Next chapter is the pilot episode, it will follow the script to an extent with a few minor changes. I will keep it in Jenna (1st) POV, but I will start to switch the POV's up a bit as the plot progresses.

-

Anyway, what did you guys think?