~Jøsh~

"I just want to tell you," Josh says to the girl, "That I am so, so sorry I couldn't do anything more. That you felt the way you did. And I'm sorry you were never able to feel like you fully belonged."

"It's okay," Mari says. 

Rachel and Olivia are sitting next to her. "We're sorry too. It's just-so much always happens. And all of us are trying to take care of each other. And ourselves-it just-" 

"Well, thank you," the girl says. 

"Is there anything we can do?" Olivia asks. 

"Not unless-" but Mari's sentence trails off. 

"I'm sorry," Rachel says. "Truly." 

"I just can't think why-" Mari says. "Why he just-" 

"All of us have ties back there, somehow," Josh says. "I-we don't know how, or fully understand. But-I don't think there's any way for us to do anything...' 

"Okay," Mari says softly, and Josh hugs her. 

She lets him. 

Tyler comes up to them all of a sudden, a gleam in his eyes that hasn't been there in a while. 

"I-" he says. 

"What is it?" Rachel asks. 

"It's-well...I don't know how to explain it. But-I've been pulled back there, mentally, physically, crazy as it might sound. And I think this happened for a reason. Mari-if we can get back to Dema...we might be able to-" 

"Don't say it," Mari says, "Don't give me false hope." 

Olivia puts her hand on Mari's shoulder. "It's going to be okay."

Mari looks at them sadly. 

Then she looks at Tyler. "I know what you mean. I think you might be right."