chapter one

currently

lexie dior wandered down the pavement in london, looking aimlessly around at the beautiful city. the girl had never been here before, as she was told.

lexie had lost almost all her memory in the battle of hogwarts, only remembering her mum. she was returned back to her house and was told she was in a car accident and had amnesia. it had been a struggle for lexie to adapt, but her mum had filled in almost all the blank spaces.

from what she knew, lexie had been in a car crash at the age of eighteen. she had lived in the states for all of her life, her dad had passed away at the age of eighteen from a heart attack. lexie had decided to finish school by her mum homeschooling her, it seemed more realistic with their situation. after she had finished with homeschooling, she had decided cosmetology was the way for her.

all of this led her to now, she had just moved into her flat just outside of london and had secured a job at one of the most popular hair salons in the city.

the girl spotted a petite looking cafe, with gorgeous decorations. lexie smiled to herself before opening the door and entering. her eyes scanned the small tables, there was a couple sitting in the corner, a small family near the front, and a boy near the window.

gathering up her courage, lexie started over to the boy by the window. he was reading a newspaper, he looked calm, peaceful even. lexie admired him for a minute- he had dark brown hair, parted in the middle, with these circular glasses, and the most stunning green eyes. he was pretty. lexie felt a wave of recognition wash over her, but she wasn't sure why.

"mind if i sit here?" lexie asked while playing with the hem of her leather jacket nervously.

the boys head lifted, his lips parted as he almost let out a gasp. he shook his head, "no, of course not. take a seat."

lexie smiled happily while sitting across from him, "i'm lexie by the way, lexie dior."

he stuck out his hand, "harry potter."

she shook his hand politely, "it's a pleasure to meet you." she eyed the cafe before turning back to him, "so, harry, why're you here all alone?"

he let out a soft chuckle, "someone special brought me here once. i come here a lot nowadays."

"it's lovely in here."

just then, a waitress walked over. "hello. erm- is there anything i can get you?" she stuttered.

"could i just have a mango tea please?"

"of course, right up." the waitress smiled while eyeing harry knowingly before walking away.

harry look at lexie with curious eyes, "how long have you lived in london?"

"i just moved here yesterday, i've lived in the states my whole life."

"really?"

lexie nodded with a smile, "yep, i just got a job here too. i work at a hair salon."

"brilliant, erm- i work in a marketing firm?" harry tried to tell her, although it sounded more like a question.

"that's pretty cool." lexie nodded while the waitress came back and set lexie's tea down. "do i know you from somewhere? something about you i just- i recognize you."

harry looked into her eyes, the same eyes he had looked into when lexie said she loved him. he shook his head, "no, no probably not."

lexie shrugged. "i erm- i'm supposed to meet my best mate and family for dinner tonight, but i could, you know, stay if you'd like?" harry suggested.

she shook her head, "no, no i don't want to keep you."

"are you sure? i have dinner with them every saturday so i don't think they'll mind if i skip one night."

"don't worry about it, time with the ones you love most is important. anyway, here," lexie pulled a small piece of paper and pen out of her bag and began scribbling, "this is my number. i almost always have my phone with me, so you can just call me."

harry took a piece of paper with a small smile, "okay, brilliant. i'll erm- i'll call you later tonight?" he asked while standing up.

lexie smiled brightly, "sounds good."

harry nodded before walking towards the door of the petite cafe. he hesitated before leaving.

"so," the waitress started as lexie turned to her, "you know him?"

"no," lexie chuckled lightly, "but i feel like i do."

the woman took a seat in the chair next to lexie, "what's that supposed to mean?"

lexie glanced at the window, "i'm not sure. i just- i feel like i know him. that sounds crazy."

the waitress shook her head with a small smile, "nothing is crazy. anyway, i should get back to work, it was a pleasure to meet you. i'm lane." she stuck her hand out.

lexie shook her hand with a smile, "lexie."

lane started towards the back of the cafe while lexie finished her drink and stood up. she took some
money out of her wallet before heading for the exit.

-

lexie rummaged through one of the boxes that laid in her room, looking for her favorite pair of sweatpants.

"there you are you buggers." she mumbled before she heard her phone start ringing from the kitchen.

lexie started towards the empty kitchen. she made her way through the way of boxes, she had yet to unpack them all.

"hi, lexie speaking." she said into the flip phone.

"hey lexie, it's erm- it's harry." he spoke shyly into the phone.

"oh! hey harry!" she spoke happily while collapsing onto the plush couch. "how was dinner with your family?"

"brilliant, they're doing quite well actually."

"well that's good."

"so, tell me a bit more about yourself?" harry questioned.