chapter three

lexie woke to the sound of shuffling noises, she groggily opened her eyes and looked around her room.

there harry was, pulling his shirt over his head and slipping his shoes on.

"are you about to do the walk of shame?" lexie started while trying to contain her laughter.

harry, startled by her talking, looked over to her frantically, "oh shove off." he chuckled.

"what time is it?" lexie questioned while sitting up and holding the sheet over herself.

harry glanced at the clock on the nightstand, "nine."

"crap, i'm supposed to be at work in thirty minutes." lexie sighed while standing up and walking towards the silk robe that hung in the back of her door. she felt harry's eyes on her bare back, she turned to him and gave a subtle smirk before tying the robe.

harry shook his head with a small chuckle, "right, i should go, i'll see you tonight?" he started for the exit.

"see you tonight, harry."

-

"okay, i am heading out so i'll see you on monday, mae." lexie spoke while grabbing her leather jacket from the hanger.

"sounds good, have fun on your date!" mae called out as lexie walked out, holding a rather rude hand gesture up as she turned the corner.

lexie rushed home and quickly changed into her silk black dress and light pink heels. she recurled her hair into little ringlets and touched up her makeup before sitting anxiously in the living room.

lexie stared at the ceiling as she thought about last night, she wasn't sure if they were rushing things. after the accident she hadn't really been with anyone, only having an occasional fling every now and then. she had tried to commit to a relationship, nothing felt right. but harry, harry felt right.

lexie heard a knock at the door, she stood up, flattened her dress, and then pulled the door open. there harry stood, clad in a button up and some dress pants.

"you look stunning." harry said breathlessly.

lexie grinned, "you look very handsome yourself."

harry lightly took hold of her hand while lexie pulled the door closed. they made their way down to the street and began walking towards the restaurant.

"where exactly are we going?" lexie questioned.

harry chucked, "you'll see when we get there."

lexie started to swing their hands back and forth as she admired the city.

"i had a crazy idea today at work." she started.

"oh no, i'm scared."

lexie glanced at him while giving a small laugh, "well, what would you say if i said i was planning on going and getting a dog sometime next week?"

harry stared at her for a second before speaking, "you're serious?"

"of course i'm serious! think about it, i could get a rescue and help a puppy. i could even name it something cute, like i don't know maybe august for a boy and february if it's a girl."

"sounds like you've really thought this out?"

"i don't know, this just seems like something i really want to do." lexie shrugged.

"i think it's brilliant."

"really?" lexie grinned happily.

"you should do it," harry stopped walking, "we're here."

-

"did you know that there's a star named after me?" lexie informed harry as they stood in front of the door to their apartment building.

harry's heart stopped while he stared into her eyes, "really?"

she nodded, "yea, i found the certificate a while ago. i'm not actually sure where the star is, but it's out there."

"come on, i wanna show you something." harry took her hand before entering the building and clicking the elevator button.

a couple minutes later and the pair ended up walking out onto the roof.

"is this the roof?" she questioned.

"no it's the basement." harry deadpanned while walking over to the edge.

"oh shut up." lexie chuckled.

harry sat on the cement ledge that overlooked the city, "i like to come up here sometimes." he shrugged.

lexie turned to stare at the city, "it's gorgeous."

"i know." harry commented, but he was staring at her instead.

lexie faced him again, looking into his eyes, "you know i'm seriously falling for you right?"

harry gave a faint smile, "well, that makes two of us."