chapter ten

"you're not nervous, are you?" lexie questioned while curling the last of her hair as she sat on the countertop in the bathroom, "i'm not nervous either, there's nothing to be nervous about, right?"

"lexie, darling there's nothing to be nervous about." harry chuckled while buttoning up his dark blue button up shirt he paired with black dress pants.

lexie moved onto adding extra powder onto her face while biting her lip, "are you sure? my mum can be a bit much sometimes and- and i just want this to be okay."

harry looked at lexie through the mirror, "come here." he mumbled as lexie turned around so she was facing him, still sat on the countertop. he placed his hand delicately on her jaw and used his thumb to stop her from biting her lip, "don't do that, you have nothing to be worried about. i promise."

"you pinky promise?" she held out her pinky with an expecting look.

he chuckled while wrapping his pinky around hers, "i pinky promise."

she sighed while hopping off the counter top, "okay, i'm gonna get dressed."

"wait!" harry blocked the bathroom door with his body as lexie stared at his with furrowed eyebrows, "i quite like the outfit you have on." he smirked.

lexie looked down at her matching christmas sweatshirt that she was wearing and the black underwear that was visible right below, "harry!"she smacked his chest.

"only kidding, mostly, anyway i did pick out an outfit for you."

"please tell me it at least matches?" she begged.

"my family takes christmas very seriously." he nodded with a straight face while pulling out a velvet dark green dress from behind his back. it had a triangle neckline and looked absolutely gorgeous.

"did you buy this for me?" she gaped.

harry nodded, "i had to, it practically screamed your name. and," he leaned to over to whisper in her ear, "also in hopes i would get to take it off of you tonight."

lexie pulled back with with a surprised face, "you devil! jokes on you, you forgot my mum's staying with us."

"we still have my apartment." he quickly pecked her lips before exiting the bathroom.

"sounds like a plan!" she called out while closing the door.

-

a couple minutes later lexie walked into the living room where harry and amelia were deep in conversation.

harry's head turned her way before a stunned look took his face, "you look absolutely beautiful lex."

the dress harry had bought lexie fit absolutely perfect before flowing at the bottom, it went down to right below her knees, she paired it with a pair of silver heels and some silver earrings. she had a thick black buttoned coat draped over her arm as she giggled at what harry had said, "thank you love."

amelia was putting her long maroon jacket on over her black dress as she spoke, "you look stunning lexie, are we ready to get this show on the road? i think we were supposed to be there twenty minutes ago."

"oh yea, oops." lexie slipped on her jacket and took harry's arm, "come on mum, we're apparating."

amelia took lexies arm before they disappeared from lexie's living room and appeared in the burrow with a small pop.

a sense of warmth washed over lexie when they appeared in the living room. the house wasn't huge or expensive, but it was warm and homely, and she appreciated that.

"harry, lexie!" hermione was the first to notice them before everyone began greeting them. she rushed over to them and gave them each a hug. "happy christmas!"

"happy christmas mione!" lexie grinned, "hermione, this is my mum."

"hi darling, it's a pleasure to meet you!" amelia greeted with a hug.

"here, i'll take your jacket." harry mumbled while lexie handed the black coat to him, he began walking to a room right below the staircase before lexie started to follow him.

he opened the door and placed the jackets on the bed before spotting lexie in the doorway, "you alright?"

lexie nodded, "yea, just wanted to wait up for you."

after everyone had been introduced to lexie's mum lexie had started to walk around and greet people with harry.

"professor mcgonnagall!" harry smiled while pulling an aging woman into a hug.

"i've told you numerous times to call me minerva!" she chuckled before her eyes wandered towards lexie and a face of recognition washed over her.

"this is lexie, my girlfriend." harry introduced while looking at lexie.

"it's a pleasure to meet you." lexie stuck her hand out, which was neglected at the woman pulled lexie into a hug.

"it's wonderful to meet you, sweetie."

"prof- i mean minevra was one of my professors back at hogwarts." harry informed.

"dinner!" mrs. weasley's voice rang throughout the room, everyone began filing outside where a large table was set up. there was a bubble set up with a heat charm protecting the tables from the brisk cold. the kitchen wasn't made to accommodate all the weasleys along with their guests, hence why they were eating outside. the table had christmas decorations laid out along with large platters of food.

lexie observed her mum taking a seat next to mrs. weasley as she sat into a chair next to harry and george.

"anyway the christmas prank line has absolutely been a hit, everyone's mad for it!" george laughed while finishing his explanation about how the shop had been going.

"i'm glad, if you ever need help in the shop let me know, i love being there. it's just so lively." lexie admitted before a woman sat next to george and quickly pecked his cheek.

"this is my wife, angelina." he smiled fondly as the woman looked over to lexie.

"it's a pleasure." she smiled while shaking lexie's hand, lexie observed her (what looked like) 6 months pregnant belly.

"george, you never told me you were having a baby!" lexie gasped excitedly.

the couple laughed happily, "oops." he joked.

harry joined hands with lexie under the table while exchanging a small smile as mrs. weasley gained everyone's attention by standing.

"i'm so glad to have all of you here tonight, even if some of our loved ones couldn't make it, we're still thinking of them." she took a long pause, "happy christmas, dig in!"

throughout the dinner lexie found herself making even more memories and introducing herself to other weasley's and their partners. she observed as her mum conversed with mr. & mrs. weasley and minevra almost the whole dinner, she couldn't deny that she was over the moon about everything going smoothly.