chapter five

"auggie, please calm down," lexie warned, "i'm trying to make dinner!"

the puppy continued to run circles around the kitchen island while giving a small yip every now and then.

lexie dropped the wooden spoon she was using to stir the noodles onto the counter and looked at auggie.

she thought to herself for a minute before deciding that heading to harry's to pick up that one toy he had bought august would be a good idea. lexie had picked up a couple toys for auggie, but he had seemingly taken a liking to the one harry had bought and refused the others.

"fine, fine." lexie sighed while turning off the burner and picking up auggie. she opened the apartment door and made her way down the hall to harry's.

lexie gave a couple small knocks before the door was pulled open by harry, who looked panicked once he had spotted lexie.

lexie heard a couple different voices that came from inside the apartment, but ignored them. "hey, sorry to just stop by. auggie's been acting crazy all day, any chance i could grab that one toy you bought him? it's the only one he actually likes." lexie chuckled as she heard the voices inside grow quiet.

harry nodded, "yea of course. erm- come on in." he awkwardly pulled open the door as a look of guilt overtook his face.

lexie walked through the door to find three girls along with a large group of redheads. they all stared at her with shocked expressions as she awkwardly pet auggie, who lay cradled in her arms.

"oh- i'm sorry, i didn't realize you had company." she awkwardly laughed, "i didn't mean to interrupt, i'm lexie."

"pleasure," the one brown hair girl started with a small smile after a moment of silence, "i'm hermione."

"this is erm- ron, mrs. weasley, mr. weasley, ginny, george, angelina, and luna." harry finished while scratching the back of his neck.

"it's nice to meet you all." lexie started as she looked to harry, "i'm just gonna go grab auggie's toy and then i can head out." lexie started towards where harry's bedroom was.

as she disappeared everyone looked towards harry, "mate, excuse my language, what the actual fuck is going on?"

"ron!" mrs. weasley scolded.

"no, no i agree with ron, since when is lexie back in london? and since when are you two friends again?" ginny said with furrowed eyebrows.

"she moved back a month ago, i was in lane's cafe when she walked in. she came up to me. erm- we exchanged numbers and then found out later that we live in the same building. we kinda have a thing again?" harry said in a rushed tone while eyeing the hallway that lexie had just disappeared down.

"merlin's beard." george sighed.

"why didn't you tell us?" hermione questioned.

"thanks for letting me stop by," lexie spoke while entering the room, "i'll talk to you later harry." she smiled while starting for the door.

"why don't you stay?" hermione protested, "i'm sure we'd all love to get to know each other."

"are you sure? i don't want to interrupt anything."

"of course sweetie, please stay." mrs. weasley welcomed.

"okay, if you're sure." lexie chuckled while setting auggie down and passing him his toy.

harry smiled while wrapping an arm around lexies waist, "what's your dogs name? they're really cute." george asked while petting the little furball that jumped on him.

"august, i call him auggie though. i got him a couple days ago."

"see angie! this is why we should get a dog! look at the little thing!" george exclaimed to his fiancé.

"so," ginny stated while moving onto the next topic, "where did you move from?" lexie watched everyone shoot ginny a pointed look, which she ignored.

"the united states, more specifically new york," lexie nodded, "for a while i've just had this burning feeling about moving to london, so i followed my gut."

"well, i think you'll find it's amazing here." hermione reassured.

lexie glanced at harry with a small smile while nodding.

"i would really love to stay and talk some more, but i've left dinner on the stove, so i really should be heading back." lexie started awkwardly, "it was wonderful meeting you all."

the group all bid their farewells as lexie scooped auggie and his favorite toy into her arms. harry and her made their way to his front door, "i'm sorry if i interrupted anything, i really didn't mean to intrude."

"don't worry about it, love. it was nice having you meet them." he reassured, "i'll stop by later?"

lexie smiled and nodded before pressing a quick kiss to his lips and walking out of the door.

"so, she's really back?" harry heard his best mate mumble from the other end of the room.

harry nodded slowly while turning around, "i think so."

"you know," hermione started while entering the room, "she's just the same as she was back then."

harry's cheeks became dusted with pink as he thought about lexie, "i know."

"why didn't you tell us?"

harry pressed his back to the door as he asked himself the same question, "i think i was scared it wasn't real, like i was dreaming. a part of me wants her to have her memories back so badly, it hurts that she doesn't remember anything."

"there's been studies of people getting their memory back-," ron attempted to reason.

"that's not realistic," harry sighed, "we all know the old her isn't coming back. she might be the same person, but too much was taken away from her that night."