chapter eight

"tell me something i don't know about you." harry asked as him and lexie sat on the ledge of the rooftop of their apartment building.

"what do you want to know?"

"what are you most afraid of?"

lexie bit her lip out of thought, "forgetting again. it was so difficult before, i couldn't figure out who i was."

"how did you? figure out who you were?"

she shrugged, "i figured it out over time, but i still don't think i'm the same person i was before that."

"i'm sorry lex."

she gave a faint chuckle, "me too."

"i have something for you."

a giant grin broke out on lexie's face, "oh really?"

harry stood up and pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket, "don't get excited, i'm not proposing, not yet at least." he joked.

lexie took his hand and hopped off the ledge, "oh shut up." she laughed.

he opened the box to reveal a silver necklace with a ruby charm, "i know we've only known each other for a couple months, but i find myself falling for you more and more every day."

lexie looked up into harry's eyes with a small smile before kissing him passionately.

"want me to put it on you?" harry asked before lexie nodded eagerly.

lexie pulled her hair out of the way as harry clipped the necklace around her neck gently. he set the silver string down on her skin before pressing a gentle kiss to her neck.

lexie spun around to face him with a large grin stretched across her face. harry pulled his phone out of his pocket, "smile."

this was the lexie harry would always have pictured in his head, her wearing one of his sweaters that was giant on her with blushing cheeks and a large smile.

"stop!" lexie laughed, embarrassed.

"oh shut up, you look beautiful."

-

lexie was laying in her bed a couple nights later, staring at the ceiling since she could not fall asleep before she heard a small ding from her phone.

harry

can i come over :)))))

no
jk ofc 💖💖

lexie stood up from her bed while still clutching her soft throw blanket around her body, auggie stayed sleeping silently as she left the room.

she opened the door just in time to find harry standing outside, still in his work clothes.

"rough day?" lexie questioned as he stepped inside and set his wand on the table next to the door.

"rough day." harry agreed.

"wanna talk about it?"

"sure." harry gave lexie a quick kiss on the lips, "can i go change first?" he asked while nodding his head towards her bedroom, harry had started to leave extra clothes here as a product of him always being around. but, lexie was okay with that, she liked him being around.

"auggie!" lexie heard harry greet the puppy from the kitchen, "i missed you bud."

lexie chuckled before padding over to the kitchen, she opened the freezer and pulled out a couple quarts of ice cream.

"ice cream it is." harry said excitedly while stepping into the kitchen, now clad in flannel pajama pants without a shirt.

lexie grinned while pulling the blanket around her small frame tighter.

"are you gonna turn on the light?" he questioned.

lexie shook her head, "no, i like the illumination from the moon, and also the refrigerator light."

"alright love."

lexie pulled out two spoons and passed one to harry before sitting on the counter and facing harry who was seated on a stool.

she pulled the lids off of the chocolate and cotton candy ice cream containers, "so, tell me about your day." lexie said while taking a big spoonful of ice cream.

"a couple people claimed that they were here to bring back voldemort, which is, by the way, impossible." he shook his head, "spent the day gathering them and putting them in azkaban."

"god this voldemort guy sounds like a real pain in the ass." lexie admitted truthfully.

harry broke into a grin and starting laughing, "tell me about it. how was your day?"

"same old, same old. just a normal day at the hair salon. i talked to my mum earlier."

"yea, what'd she have to say?"

"i think she's coming to visit soon, for the holidays."

"that's really excited, i'm glad i'll get to meet her." harry said excitedly.

"yea, and i was thinking, i know you're really close with the weasleys and they're basically your family, what if we all did a dinner together? my family and yours." lexie suggested.

"i think that would be brilliant." harry agreed, "i'm glad you like them, sometimes they can be a bit much." he chuckled.

"i think they're lovely, even hermione. she's super sweet by the way, something about her just feels welcoming and familiar." lexie hopped off the counter and placed her spoon in the sink, harry doing the same.

as lexie went to close the containers of ice cream harry grabbed one of her hands and twirled her once before she was pulled into his chest.

lexies blanket fell off her shoulders and landed in a heap on the floor as they danced around messily.

-

a/n hi queens ik i don't usually do these but i just wanted to say thank you for reading this book and sticking w lover and their story even after my awful writing in the first story😭😭

also huh thank you to @MadiaEvans (it wont let me tag her lolz) anyway thank you for commenting and voting on every single chapter you are such a big motivation for me to continue writing 💖💖💖💖 ILY QUEEN