prologue

five years ago, lexie's point of view

"expelliarmus!" i yelled, sending one death eater's wand flying.

"stupefy!" hermione called out to another.

harry, hermione, ron, and i had been battling death eaters for quite some time now, i felt myself becoming tired.

"difindo!" i powered through just as a piece of brick came falling.

i dodged the brick and continued shooting spells, "lex, you alright?" harry yelled.

"yea i'm fine!"

suddenly, bellatrix lestrange appeared in front of us.

"oh hello loves," she tilted her head mockingly, "i hope you won't remember any of this, dear lexie."

i was confused until she raised her wand, "obliviate" i heard her whisper. i used the spare moment to think of harry before everything went black.

-

i opened my eyes. where am i? i scanned my surroundings, people were fighting.

the people dressed in black all vanished, leaving me with three other people, they looked around my age.

"who are you?" i asked them curiously while sitting up quickly.

"lexie no," a boy with raven colored hair mumbled, "lexie, it's me, harry!"

i stared at him with furrowed eyebrows, "seriously, who the hell are you?"

"harry-" the boy with ginger hair started before being interrupted by the boy named harry.

"it's harry! we've been best friends since we were eight! we're in love! lexie please, you have to remember, it's me." he begged as a couple tears ran down his face.

"i think you have the wrong person" i mumbled guiltily. i felt bad, but i seriously had no recollection of who this was.

"we should bring her to madam pomfrey, see if she can do anything." the girl with bushy hair suggested.

the ginger headed boy nodded, "yea, alright let's go" he grabbed harry's shoulder and started leading him around the corner.

the girl walked up to me, "i know you don't remember, but my name is hermione" she smiled sadly at me with tears in her eyes.

i nodded before she started leading me the same way the two boys went. why is this castle falling apart?

i spotted a limp body on the stone floor, i gasped loudly gaining hermione's attention, i rushed to the girls side and put my ear to her chest, to see if she was breathing.

hermione stood staring at me, i looked up to her, "she's dead, what's happening?"

"lexie, come on, we have to go it's not safe here." she told me.

"but she's dead! we can't leave her here!"

we stared at each other for a minute before i sighed in defeat and closed the limp girl's eyes for her.

i stood and walked up to hermione, "why is she dead?"

"because we're in the battle of hogwarts."

i was confused by this, but i didn't necessarily want an answer. we entered the crumbling castle and made our way into a large hall.

there were bodies laying with sheets covering them on the floor, and people with wounds were sitting, waiting for help, i presume.

my eyes landed on the two boys from earlier, they were talking frantically to a tired woman in a nurses uniform.

hermione brought me over to them, "i'm telling you, there's no way to bring back her memories, i'm so sorry." the woman informed the boys.

"there has to be a way! she can't just be gone, she's lexie, my lexie!"

the woman walked away with a nod of apology.

the ginger haired boys eyes widened as he spotted his family across the room, he rushed over to them. harry and hermione started following him, as did i.

we stood in front of a large family, all with red hair. there was a boy laying on the floor in front of them, who looked identical to one of the children, i assumed they were twins.

the twin hugged the ginger haired boy tightly, and cried into his shoulder loudly.

everyone looked heartbroken, i felt guilty that i didn't seem as sad as everyone else, but did i know this boy?

a woman who i thought to be their mother looked to me, "what happened?" she asked while the tears still ran down her face.

"her memory's been wiped." harry informed grimly.

"i shouldn't be here," i mumbled, "i don't know any of you, even though you keep saying i do! i don't know where we are and why people are dead! i need to go." i looked around frantically for an exit.

"what do you remember?" hermione asked.

i fumbled for a minute, "i'm lexie dior, i live in the united states with my mother. i-i'm not sure what happened to my father. i-i don't remember anything else."

"it's okay dear, we can get you back to your mum," she gave me a small smile, "i'm molly weasley."

"thank you." i nodded.

-

"okay lexie, we're going to apparate you home" hermione informed me.

the battle of hogwarts, as they had called it, had ended yesterday. they wouldn't let me fight, but their nurse, madam pomfrey, let me help her.

i nodded, "will i remember any of this?"

her, harry, and the ginger haired boy, whom i still did not know the same of, exchanged glances, "i'm not sure" hermione responded.

"grab my arm" the ginger haired boy instructed while holding out his arm, i gently grabbed his arm before we were all apparated to my home.

we landed in the small living room, where my mum was sitting in the couch. she gasped once she saw us, "lexie?"

"mum!" i threw my arms around her once she had stood up and hugged her tightly.

she pulled away with a confused look on her face, "harry, hermione, ron!" she exclaimed before giving them hugs as well, to which they eagerly returned.

"you know them?" i questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

mum turned to me with a worried look on her face before harry informed her, "she's lost her memory. all she remembers is you."

she clapped a hand over her mouth, she couldn't speak for a minute. she just stared at me.

"we have to head back to london, but we think it might be best to erase her memory of the last couple of days" hermione informed my mum.

my mum looked towards harry as to say 'she doesn't remember you?

"no, she doesn't remember me."

"do what you feel is best." mum nodded solemnly.

harry, hermione, and who i now knew to be ron exchanged glances, "i'll do it." harry spoke up.

"i'm so sorry lex, i love you." he told me before taking his wand and pointing it at me, he whispered a small, "obliviate."