chapter six

lexie awoke with a small smile on her face, she rolled over in bed as she noticed the smell of breakfast in the air. she gave a small chuckle before standing up and sliding a pair of shorts over her underwear.

she strolled out into the kitchen and living room to find harry standing in front of the oven, flipping pancakes.

lexie leaned on the side of the wall while staring at him, "any special occasion?"

harry, startled by her presence, turned around while a surprised face. "i- uh not really."

things with lexie had been going quite steady, and harry had been thinking about telling lexie about magic, all of it. he didn't know where to begin, or if he should even say anything in the first place. he wanted to be honest with her and although he couldn't tell her about their past together, he could tell her about magic.

"you're worrying me." she furrowed her eyebrows.

harry gave a small chuckle, "don't fret about it."

lexie strolled across the room and took a seat on one of the stools, placing her head on her palm and staring at harry lovingly.

"you're cute when you flip pancakes." she observed.

harry spun around with a wide grin before placing a stack of pancakes in front of lexie, "bon apetite." he joked.

as lexie dove into the delicious breakfast harry began speaking, "so, erm, i have something i've been meaning to tell you, so just don't freak out." he started.

"i know this is going to sound crazy and you probably won't believe me but magic is real. witches and wizards are real."

"sorry, excuse me, what?" she asked while staring at him with wide eyes.

"magic is real, but it's not like it was made to be out in fables and stories. magic is good and helpful, and- well, i'm a wizard."

lexie gave a chuckle of disbelief, "this is crazy, you do know that right?" she stood up and placed her empty plate in the sink while starting to head back to her room.

"lexie! just let me prove it or something." he suggested while walking towards her.

she spun around and looked at him blankly, "fine, prove it." she challenged.

harry withdrew his wand from his pocket before whispering a couple words under his breath, lexie couldn't quite make out what he was saying before a burst of light jumped out of his wand, forming itself into a stag.

lexie watched with wide eyes as it pranced around the room before circling around her and bursting into a cloud of silver mist.

"oh my god," she breathed out, "i don't- i don't understand."

"just," harry took her hand, "hear me out."

-

"are you sure you're okay with this? it isn't too much?" harry questioned as him and lexie stood in front of his fireplace, after they had gotten dressed.

harry had wanted to show lexie diagon alley, he was scared it might be too much, but he thought it would be something lexie would simply love to see.

lexie tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before nodding with a smile, "yes, i'm sure."

after guiding lexie through the steps of the floo network, they transported into a small shop in diagon alley. they both brushed a layer of dust off of themselves before leaving the clothing shop, walking onto the packed cobblestone road.

lexie gawked as she observed the magic around her. there were floating objects in windows, and strange animals like owls and toads on display. kids were laughing as they messed around near an ice scream shop.

"wow."

"isn't it wonderful?"

"it's just spectacular." she agreed as harry took her hand with a goofy grin.

"remember the weasleys you met the other night?" harry questioned before lexie gave a small hum, "george owns a shop down here." he pointed to a bright orange building that popped out against the rest.

they entered the shop as a small bell rang out, george turned to them with a surprised look on his face before quickly taking down a photo that hung behind the counter and storing it in a drawer.

george walked over to them, "well i wasn't expecting to see you two here?"

harry chuckled, "i told her about magic."

"welcome to the wonderful wizarding world." he raised his eyebrows dramatically.

"speaking of," harry sighed while pulling out his phone that had begun ringing, "harry potter speaking." he started while taking a step away from lexie and george.

"again? really? alright, on my way." harry hung up and stepped back over, "i'm really sorry, i have to go, it's a work thing."

"i get it mate, lexie can stay here. i'll tell her all about the shop."

"thanks george, i appreciate it. i'm sorry, i'll see you later love." harry gave lexie a quick peck on the lips.

"bye harry," she smiled at him before he turned to george and gave him a look as to say, don't do anything stupid.

harry quickly exited the store before lexie lost sight of him.

"alright! where should i begin?"