Chapter 1

The United States...a final beacon of hope and civilization still standing. After World War III and the calamity that soon followed after across the world. In combination of global warming and radioactive fallout, a majority of the Eurasia continent had become uninhabitable, while large areas across the globe became flooded. Volcanic eruptions occurred along the pacific ring of fire and resulted in mass devastation in land mass and air quality, with large portions of the sky being bolted out by the smoke an ash, and air quality taking a massive blow as the atmosphere was filled with contaminants, plunging the world into darkness.

Most nations that survived World War III ended up perishing into the calamity, with small nations becoming nonexistent, and larger nations becoming a shadow of their former selves. The United States was not immune to these disasters as it too suffered from the effects of the calamity. However like a few large nations, it was able to survive and recover.

From across the rest of the world, people who had survived flocked in masses to the country, seeking refuge and salvation from the wastelands of Eurasia, making the US one of the few remaining beacons of society still standing.

Since the war and calamity, the United States had increased in size, assimilating Canada, Mexico, Quebec, and Cuba into it's borders, while keeping a joint coalition of surviving Latin and South American countries from invading the newly established borders.

However everything would change again as if God himself acted and enveloped the entire country in a bright flash of light, and thus the beacon of society vanished without a trace. However in another realm, a new beacon of civilization and power had emerged.

———————————————————————————

"What the hell?" Fifty six year old president Mark Kingsman shouted as he looked around in his office. Out of no where a bright flash engulfed his office and momentarily blinded him. Looking around he saw nothing out of the ordinary everything looked just as it had been before.

His thoughts however were quickly interrupted as two secret service members barged into the office. "Mr. President! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." President Kingsman answered as he rubbed his head from a headache that was growing from the flash. "What the hell was that?"

"We don't know sir. All we saw was the flash, we came here thinking you were in danger, sir." One of the SS members responded leaving the president rather confused. He hit the intercom on his desk contacting his aid. "Emily, contact NORAD, get me an update on what just happened."

"I'm trying sir, but I can't contact anyone. All the lines are down." His aid responded through the machine, bringing more confusion but also concern to the president. "What? What do you mean the lines are down?"

"Mr. President, I can't reach anyone! All the phones aren't working!"

"Damnit! I'm heading to the Pentagon! If anyone asks where I am you let them know." He said to Emily and looked to the two SS members still in his office. "You two with me. We're going to get to the bottom of this..."

...Out side, things were looking grim as civilians and law enforcement were wandering about aimlessly, seemingly in confusion, concern, and fear, no doubt having experienced the flash as well, as if the phone lines and communications were down, no doubt their worry. Each person was wearing a respirator mask provided by the government due to the to the toxicity levels in the atmosphere. The car ride was rather short as the President's limo arrived at the security checkpoint to a rather surprised security staff who let them through anyway, despite the unexpected visit.