Chapter 26

AN: Now onto the real chapter

The marines, ambassador, and princess accompanied by their elven escorts entered into the main hall of the palace, where they were treated to the sights of decorated walls and glowing crystals hanging from the ceiling as chandeliers bringing light to the interior.

Elf maidens were seen tending to the palace and keeping it up to speck, pausing momentarily to notice the humans inside being escorted deeper into the palace. "This is quite a nice place you have here." The ambassador commented as he and the marines looked around in fascination.

"Indeed." Almer said with more enthusiasm then necessary. "It was constructed purely from nature. It's a gift we elves have to manipulate the flora of our island to any shape or form we desire or need. It's how our houses, structures, and ships are built. Unlike you humans who have to destroy nature to make or get what you want."

"Uh princess, do you mind translating what he said?" The ambassador asked, much to Iasnë's horror and uncertainty.

"He insults your kind, speaking how you destroy nature to build things to your own desires."

"Hey! It's not our fault we can't manipulate nature like you can!" One of the marines snapped. "At least we try fixing it after fucking it up after!"

Almer tilted his head in confusion. "Princess, what did this creature just say to me? Word by word." Iasnë sighed but repeated everything the human said to the best of her knowledge of human languages.

"How dare you! Speaking such words around nobility such as I and around the princess." Almer snapped. "You best watch your tongue or else it'll be cut from your mouth."

"Try me you pointy eared bastard. You maybe able to use magic and of noble status, but that don't mean shit to us. You don't scare me." The marine hissed back, while the princess translated again.

At this point, both males were fuming and were metaphorically at each other's throats with knives. Hatred burning in their eyes.

"What is the meaning of this aggression?" Another voice asked as suddenly the room they were in became filled with a presence unlike anything the humans ever felt.

The tapping of foot steps caught their attention as they all turned to see her walk inside. Queen Tanila.

"Mother!" Iasnë cried out in surprise while Almer and the other elves immediately bowed in her presence. The queen resembled much like her daughter, sharing similar facial features but showing much more age and wisdom while also wearing a full white gown and silver diadem in her back length hair.

"Humans? Never thought I would be seeing your kind again."

The marines stood their posture while the ambassador bowed. "Your majesty, I am ambassador Peter Mills of the United States of America. It is an honor to be in your presence."

Iasnë was just about to translate it before the queen raised her hand. "I will not hear the words of others from another's voice." She then began chanting something in the elven language and the marines and ambassadors suddenly felt their ears pop for a split second before returning to normal.

"What the fuck?" One of them asked out of the blue at the occurrence to which Iasnë and the other elves suddenly cringed and looked back at the human who spoke, and noticed the elves all staring at him. "What? Was it something I said or is there something on my face?"

"You dare use such harsh language before the queen!" Almer cried out. "Have you no respect in the presence of royalty?"

"Sorry to burst your bubble asshole! But we men didn't grow up around the ideals of monarchs and nobility...wait a minute."