Chapter 12

"We're landed commander! Engaging ground mobility!" The tank driver said as he switch the controls from the propellers to the tracks of the M1A4M his crew was assigned to. The floatation devices began to deflate and store themselves back within their containers on the sides of the hull as other vehicles began their landing on the shores of the beach.

The ARVs and LAVs landed on the shores as LCAC-1000s beach themselves and lowered their doors, allowing for JLTVs, MATVs, M109A8s, and M142 HIMARSs to disembark and drive onto the sandy beaches.

From the shore overlooking the marines and their deployment, Chieftess Thorn and folks from her tribe and other tribes came out to observe the arrival of the humans as a few of them noticed the growing crowd, pointing at them and shouting towards another human who looked over at them and just waved.

"Colonel, we're about ready to move out towards the front lines! Might as well make contact to establish our presence and purpose with the locals!" An officer shouted over the sound of vehicle engines as the marine colonel in charge of this task force nodded and called upon a few ensigns as he made his way over to the onlooking inhabitants.

Thorn began walking down herself while her daughter remained with the crowd, going to meet with these humans and learn more about them as they stood face to face.

"Lieutenant Colonel Zack Skylar of the United States Marine Corps. Can you understand me ma'am?" The colonel asked as Thorn recognized the tongue of Britannian, a language she very much disliked given who the previous human who spoke it were. "Yes, I can understand you clearly." Thorn replied as the colonel continued.

"We come under the government of the United States in response to a letter revealing a demonic invasion. More additional forces will be on their way to assist but perhaps if you could give us more insight and detail on this demonic threat as we are unfamiliar with them."

"Very well. If you seek knowledge of our for then follow me." Thorn replied as she lead the human officer into the village and into her lodge where she picked up several scrolls and parchments that had information in the demonic horde. "How much do you know of the demons?" She asked as Skylar shook his head. "Nothing ma'am. This is our first time hearing or encountering them."

First time encountering? Have they been living under rocks to not know of the demonic threat? "The demons are a mix of different creatures that originate from a place known as the Dark Realm. The only way to get to this realm is through the portal which the demons open every one hundred years at various locations to attack and consume life and energy for use in their realm. We are unfortunate that the portal has opened on our lands." She revealed several papers that showed drawing of each demon and information on them gathered after previous attacks from other nations across the globe.

"The unwilling are the weakest but most numerous, making them a major threat in large groups." The image was of what looked like a deformed human with red eyes and rotten flesh, some organs even showing as there was no skin covering. "They're made up from unwilling souls taken by the corruption of the demonic forces, transforming them into these mindless monsters who follow the will of the demonic beings.

"The imps are one of the most dark realm originating demons and are in the same quantity as the unwilling." She showed an image of a blood-red-skinned creature with horns on the back of its head rows of razor shark teeth and claws. A thick tail with a pointed tip extended from the back as its eyes glowed red like the unwilling. "These creatures are capable of casting fireballs using the dark magic within them, and are very agile as they can climb almost any surface."

"The mancubi have posed a greater threat than the previous two." Thorn showed an image of a muscled demon with armor-plating around its body. In its hand, it wielded a crude bloody ax. "These demons are fitted with armor along their bodies and wield a dark ax. Not only do they kill their foes but can corrupt an individual's soul, turning them into more of the unwilling. Do not let them get close enough to you."