Part 12

Me, Wanda and Nat decided to go eat before heading back to the compound.

Kyle and the fire burning him was still on my mind.

Everytime I tried to push the thought away, it sprinted back to the surface with more questions.

How did I manage to do that?

What was it?

How did it not burn me?

How'd I get this power?

When did I get this power?

How did I control it?

I had a never-ending list of questions to ask.

Nat and Wanda were looking at me with concern, wondering if I was shaken up, of course I was, I mean anyone would be but I just didn't want to say anything, I was shoving all my problems on to them and now Kyle knows about them, they're at risk of being hurt and I can't let that happen.

Wanda was the first to break the silence.

"Y/N... Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just after all that-"

"I promise, I'm perfectly fine, I'm ok, I'm completely ok, it's fine, it's fine."

Wanda and Nat gave each other worried glances but didn't say anything, fearful of my reaction.

The car drive back was silent, the tension could almost be cut with a knife.

I was desperate to get out, it was starting to become more and more awkward.

It couldn't go on like this for twenty minutes.

"Why aren't you two talking?" I blurted out.

"Just loving the... silence." Nat said.

"Yeah!" agreed Wanda.

"I know you're both lying." I said leaning forward into the front.

"No we're not, who said we're lying?" Wanda asked looking confused, furrowing her brows as if she didn't remember.

"I know you're both worried about me but you shouldn't be, I'm completely fine." I said leaning back into the seat, crossing my arms over my chest.

Nat raised her eyebrows as if to say, are you sure?.

"Yes I'm sure."

"One hundred percent sure?" asked Wanda.

"Yes, Wanda."

"Ok then, now Y/N about that fire thing."

"What about it, Nat?"

"You're sure you've never had the ability to do that, ever?"

"Yes, but I'm confused because when Kyle... When he... raped me, I wasn't able to use my powers to free myself."

I watched as Nat and Wanda gave each other yet another worried glance once I mentioned Kyle.

"Well, you must have activated it then." Wanda said.

"I guess, but why now, what triggered it?"

"That's what we'll figure out once we get back to the compound." added Nat.

"Ok."

There was ten minutes left, it was silent for three minutes until Nat asked me a question.

"So Y/N, you and Bucky?"

"What about us?"

"Well you seem to be getting slightly cozy with him." said Wanda, turning round to see my reaction.

"Cozy? Pffft in his dreams. I'd rather marry a pig."

Nat and Wanda smirked at each other.

"You sure not even one tiny part of you feels something for him?"

"N- actually yes, all of me feels something for him."

Their faces lit up.

"Which iss?" Wanda asked.

"Hatred, pure hatred."

Their faces dropped.

"Well I'm not gonna exactly find a guy attractive if he's a total ass, crashed my car, tried to choke me threw me into a pool to suffocate me, made my hair bl-"

"Ok, stop there, we get it." Nat said, obviously hearing the anger in my voice build up.

"Ok, we're here." Wanda said.

"Time to tell your dad." Nat says.

"Yeah it is, but don't be nervous, stay calm." Wanda adds.

"Ok, ok."

I held my breath, I had no clue how this was about to go.

Last Edited:
25th August 2022

Word Count:
618