Part 24

Dad lead me to the lab since it was empty, Bruce being gone probably for a lunch break.

"Y/N, what was that?" Dad asked.

"What was what?"

"That huge scene you made back there, ring a bell?"

I shaked my head.

"No? You're gonna act as if you didn't just punch that delightful girl in the face? ok, fine."

"She wasn't delightful she was a f*cking b*tch."

"Woah ok there, calm down, and since when do you have a soft spot for Manchurian Candidate? Not long ago you wanted to murder each other."

"Ok first his name is Bucky, second I don't have a soft spot for him I just think she needs to respect his likes also Bucky Bear? no offence but bleugh." I said, disgusted.

"Bucky Bear? Well that's new. Now go back out there, apologize to Sharon and tell Bucky I'm not dropping that name."

"You're mental if you think I'm apologizing to that bitch."

"Y/N, I don't wanna turn into capsicle but I'm gonna have to if you keep calling her a bitch."

I folded my arms. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, now go."

I groaned.

I walked back out.

Sharon wasn't there but Bucky was.

"So where is the bitch?"

"Can you not call her that?"

"Nope."

Bucky sighed most likely in disappointment. "She's gone."

"Woah really?" "Saves me the trouble of apologizing." I say under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing, I want a Peanut Butter Jelly sandwich." I said, running to make one before Bucky starts the questioning.

"So did you enjoy your lecture?" Bucky asked, following me to the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing much, just to apologize but lucky for me I can't do that because she's gone, yay!" I said sarcastically, turning round to grab a plate

I turned back round and Bucky was right in front of my face.

"Woah, ok, you are really close- nevermind, ok, now could you maybe move out of my personal space bubble?"

"What make you think I'm gonna do that?" Bucky was inches away from my face, yet he leaned even more forward. I looked at the space that was closing between us. Very small. I looked down, avoiding eye contact.

I was screwed.

"Do I make you nervous, doll?" Bucky asked, moving his head, looking down to make eye contact.

"No! Why would I be?" I said, laughing trying not to show my drop in confidence. "And I told you to stop calling me that."

Bucky leaned closer.

Ok this intimacy is unbearable.

"I have to eat." I said, turning round, grabbing my plate off the counter and running up to my room.

I'm pretty sure I tripped a little but who cares?

I ran to my room, like someone was chasing me. No one was.

I got to my room, put my plate on the table and flopped onto my bed, taking in what had just happened.

My head was a mental mess.

I sat up after ten minutes of thinking and was about to eat when Nat and Wanda walked into my room with another girl with blonde hair.

I think I've had my fair share of blondes today.

"Hey Y/N." Nat said.

"Hi, who is this?"

"This is my sister Yelena, well we're adopted but we're pretty close, it's complicated."

"Hi Yelena."

"Hello...?"

"Y/N."

"Nice name."

"Thanks, you too."

She gave me a smile.

At least she was nice.

"So why are you guys here?"

"We came to take you out." Nat said.

"We want you to get out of here, have fun."

"But-"

"He won't come after you again."

"Wasn't gonna say that but ok?" I muttered quietlym

"Wait, what is going on here?" Yelena asked with a heavy Russian accent.

Nat and Wanda gave me a look telling me me I didn't have to say anything I didn't want to.

I gave them a look back telling them it was fine.

"I had an abusive ex-boyfriend called Kyle, last time us three went out he found us and chased me but then I burned him with my pyrokinesis, according to Bruce."

"Bruce is the green one right?" Yelena asked.

Nat nodded.

Me and Wanda tried not to laugh.

"Wow that's a lot of information."

"Yeah but first of all how can you be so sure he won't attack again?"

"Because we're with you." Wanda said.

"And we won't leave your side." Nat said.

"You don't have to come though, don't feel pressured."

"Actually you know what. I can't be scared of this shitbag for the rest of my life, and I could always burn him again." I said remembering the satisfaction of him being engulfed in flames. "Let's go."

"Murderous but I'm not complaining." said Yelena.

"I like her."

"Aww thank you, I like you too."

"So are you coming?" Nat asked.

"Sure just let me finish eating and get dressed."

They all smiled. "Ok, we'll be waiting downstairs."

"Got it." I quickly began to shove my PB and J into my mouth, without choking myself. Did I still choke?
Yup.

Last Edited:
20th September 2022

Word Count:
858