Ch. 11 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD

Avalon's outfit:

+ Lacrosse Uniform

+ Lacrosse Uniform

Chapter Eleven
💰 A Promise To The Dead 💰

Avalon sat on a stool in the corner of her room as she painted on a canvas that sat on an easel. She glanced back when she heard a light knock before her door opened and Liam walked in. "What's up? Mason leave?" Avalon asked, setting down her paint brush and pallet before turning to her brother.

"Yeah... can I hang out in here for a while?" He asked making Avalon furrow her brows slightly as she glanced at the time. "It's almost eleven. You do remember we have a game tomorrow, right?" She asked and he nodded, "I know, I'm just not really tired and you normally stay up until you finish your painting." He said and she squinted slightly.

"What's wrong?" She asked and his eyes widened slightly, "Nothings wrong." He said quickly making her cock an eyebrow. "I don't need to be a Werewolf to know when you're lying. I'm the one who taught you how to lie. Spill." She said and he sighed softly, "Ever since the night at the hospital, fighting the Berserker on the roof, I've been seeing them everywhere. Like they're haunting me." He said and she nodded slightly.

"Sounds to me like you're scared of them. That's fine." Avalon said and he sighed as he walked over to her, "How am I supposed to be able to fight them if I'm too scared?" Liam asked and Avalon sighed softly as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Think of it like this... You're scared? Good, just a reminder that you are still human. If you were fearless, you'd fight one of those things head on with no plan. And how would that end? With you dead. Having fear will help you hold back and think about what you should do and possible outcomes." Avalon explained and Liam nodded slowly, "I guess that makes sense." He said and she nodded.

"Everything I say makes sense." She said before looking at her painting while leaning her chin on Liam's shoulder, "Now tell me. What do you think is missing?" She asked and he tilted his head slightly. "Need more stars." He said and she squinted slight before nodded, "Good eye. There's not nearly enough stars." She said before patting his shoulder.

"Feel free to take my laptop and watch some movies. You can stay with me tonight if you really want to." Avalon said making him smile, "Thanks Ava." He said and she smiled at him. "Just doing my job as a big sister." She said before messing up his hair making him roll his eyes.

💰

"Lydia! Avalon!" Malia said making them look over at her, "Look! I passed!" Malia said happily showing them her grades test making Avalon smile, "C-minus!" She said and Malia nodded.

"Lydia's notes are great when they're not written in code." Malia said and the second she said that Coach walked up and set a graded test down that had an F on it making her frown. "Disappointed, Malia- profoundly disappointed." He said making Malia sigh looking over at Avalon and Lydia, "I'll send you my notes." Lydia said.